Chef's Table - Conquest

chrisegler

Hello! Has anyone done the Chef's Table recently? What was the menu like and where was it held? What night was it held it on? And was it worth it? I will be sailing in April. :)

We have done it 3x on different ships. It was different on every ship. 1 was in the library, another in the galley and another in a small seldom use bar/meeting room. The menu was different for everyone. It's up to the head chief. They were all great! We aren't foodies in anyway shape or form, but it was absolutely worth it. They all 3 ended with a free group pix.

I'm sure a quick thread search will give you much more info and details that I could ever do.

Edited by scuabacruiser

I sent in a request last Thursday for our upcoming cruise on the Conquest in late April, but have not received a reply.

I did receive the following "boiler plate" response about 5 minutes after emailing:

<<>>

Thank you for your email.

For Event Planning Request: Please allow us up to 3 business days to process and respond to your email.

For Chef's Table Requests: Our shipboard staff will contact you directly to advise if your request can be accommodated.

Regards,

Event Planning

Carnival Cruise Lines

EventPlanning@carnival.com

<<>>

I sent in a request last Thursday for our upcoming cruise on the Conquest in late April, but have not received a reply.

I did receive the following "boiler plate" response about 5 minutes after emailing

<<>>

Sounds like your locked in to me. They book 12 but allow 14, per the Head Chief. I don't think I ever heard anyone turned away.

We were on the Conquest the week of the January 9th.

I emailed and got the same response. A few days before we sailed, I got the confirmation.

I spoke with Katarina, the dining room manager in the Point Steakhouse. She does all the bookings for the Chef's table.

What I found out is that they will do up to three chef's tables in a week, depending on the interest.

Maximum 14 per table, minimum 6 (maybe 8?).

The menu does change.

I have severe food allergies. The head chef met with me during dinner one evening to discuss them. There were two things on the menu that I couldn't have, so they modified my dinner slightly. It was awesome!

On the Conquest, the beginning of the Chef's table we met just off to the side in the lobby for champagne. Then off to the galley to have various appetizers and a lesson from one of the chefs.

We then went to a private dining room that was off the MDR. It was lovely, it was very intimate. Everyone got to laugh and chat. We had a great group of folks. Lot of wine, quite decent red and white. No one's glass was ever empty.

The staff was outstanding. The atmosphere was fantastic. The group of us got along well and all hit it off. It was apparent that just about everyone in the group were foodies. So lots of cooking tips and menu suggestions for parties.

We all got photos with ourselves and the head chef, as well as a group shot.

I don't want to say too much more, it was such a delightful evening, I don't want to spoil anything for you!

Enjoy!!

Sounds like your locked in to me. They book 12 but allow 14, per the Head Chief. I don't think I ever heard anyone turned away.

Hmmm, I didn't read it that way. It read like I would receive another email (from the steakhouse, I believe) either confirming or denying our request.

I've read from others that they received an email response about 5 days after their initial request. Just wondering what the "norm" is.

Thank you for the info! Sounds great.

I also emailed them last Thursday, and have not received a response back from them. I got the same auto reply, and read it too that I would be accepted or denied, and I had also asked a few questions about the evening in my email.

In my experience (I just went back and looked at all my emails from the last three cruises), I have gotten the auto reply for sending in my request, then a confirmation email two to three days later. However, on smaller ships, it's still not a guarantee. We got a letter once we were on board last year on the Ecstasy that there wasn't enough interest, so it was cancelled. We were disappointed, but not entirely surprised.

Hmmm, I didn't read it that way. It read like I would receive another email (from the steakhouse, I believe) either confirming or denying our request.

I've read from others that they received an email response about 5 days after their initial request. Just wondering what the "norm" is.

We received an email in about 3 days after the request saying we are confirmed for the Chef's Table on our April sailing of the Conquest.

We received an email in about 3 days after the request saying we are confirmed for the Chef's Table on our April sailing of the Conquest.

Sorry, I see now that you got your confirmation! Yea! (I was reading the emails in order and hadn't gotten to the bottom yet :))

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby and I are going to be a first time cruiser April 24th on this ship-also, have my reservation for the Chef's table-it took about 3 days to get the confirmation.

So darned excited-I'm like a kid in a candy store! :)

My hubby and I are going to be a first time cruiser April 24th on this ship-also, have my reservation for the Chef's table-it took about 3 days to get the confirmation.

So darned excited-I'm like a kid in a candy store! :)

Looks like my wife and I will be joining you at the Chef's Table....assuming they only have it one night during this cruise.

The room that they do it in on the Conquest is so elegant. I'd do it again on that ship even if the menu was the same. It was an outstanding experience and possibly the highlight of our entire trip. Consider it one of the best excursions you can do for $75 per person.

We plan on doing it again on the Conquest in May. We did the Chef's Table on the Legend back in 2011 and it was awesome. Our chef, I believe his name was Panda or something like that (Indian) was great. My wife and I spoke to him and asked about Indian food on the boat, since we both like it. He said that it was a bit too 'exotic' for most cruisers so they didn't do it, but then said he would see about making something for us the next night at dinner. When we went to the dining room, he had prepared us a custom Indian meal and it was outstanding. He definitely went above and beyond.

For the Chefs Table itself, I was a bit concerned because I'm a bit of a picky eater and don't touch seafood (any). I mentioned this in the reservation and he made a special dish for any of the ones that had seafood in it.

• 1 month later...

We did the Chef's Table on the April 2nd Conquest sailing. I just wanted to report back and say it was fabulous! Also wanted to recommend requesting a seating not on a port day. There were three Chef's Table's during our cruise. While it was still amazing, we were in the Chef's Table on our first port day, 9 to 6 in St. Maarten and then 6:45 to 9:45 at the Chef's Table - it made for a very long day. If we had a choice, we would have much preferred to have been in one sea day tables. I still recommend it - enjoy!