Disembarkation in Genoa

joseph123

Wondering if anyone can tell me if I can walk off the ship with my luggage in Genoa when disembarking and how soon I could plan to get off of the ship. I need to catch a train and am hoping to be able to get to the Principe train station which is walking distance to the ship by 9:15 AM. Can anyone advise as to if that will be possible?

Disembarkation is fairly organised, in that everyone gets a colour ticket which is also placed on your luggage. Different colours meet in different lounges and disembark at different times, depending on what connections you may need to make afterwards.

I needed to be first off, to hail a taxi to get to the local airport to catch a 11:00 flight to Rome, which I had arranged myself. I was in the first group to disembark, collected my luggage in the terminal, walked straight out the doors, into a waiting taxi & was at the airport by 9:00am.

Just talk to the reception staff onboard advising that you wish to be in the first group to disembark.

Hope this helps....enjoy your cruise!

I agree with Tomvet except 7am would not be the norm. Docking times in Genoa (or at least on the ones I've done) have been 8am or even 9am, so your plans may be too ambitious.

Another factor would be the port before you disembark, if itnismoutsde the Eu, you may have to wait to get your passport back on disembarkation day.

I usually have a flight out at around 13.00ish and get there anything from 10.30 to 11.30.

Edited by AmoMondo

Thanks so much for all of the great info. Hopefully the ship will get in early and I will be able to walk off the ship with the luggage to get to the train on time. If not I will need to get a later train Also good to know that the ticket needs to be validated. Would that be that case even if the ticket is purchased at the station or ordered online from Trentitalia? I need to purchase one ticket at the station and have an online ticket in hand with a PNR code that I ordered online for another journey. The instruction for the online ticket was to bring it onboard and it would be scanned by the conductor.

Thanks so much for all of the great info. Hopefully the ship will get in early and I will be able to walk off the ship with the luggage to get to the train on time. If not I will need to get a later train Also good to know that the ticket needs to be validated. Would that be that case even if the ticket is purchased at the station or ordered online from Trentitalia? I need to purchase one ticket at the station and have an online ticket in hand with a PNR code that I ordered online for another journey. The instruction for the online ticket was to bring it onboard and it would be scanned by the conductor.

It's the tickets you buy from self service machines or in stations you have to punch in the yellow machines before boarding the train. If it's an online ticket that will be ok.