Breakaway fitness classes question

takeadip

Hi All,

Has anyone been to the gym on the Breakaway? is there enough machines for the amount of passengers using them? are they pretty new and up to date as gym equipment goes?

has anyone attended any spin classes or any group exercise classes? what were your thoughts?

Best,

-Mark

Breakaway gym is top notch. Best equipment. Never had trouble finding a machine.

Spin classes are added charge classes. They are affiliated with Flywheel. I think worth every penny ! I took spin a lot and they have a private room, great music, an interactive screen and hand weights.

Breakaway gym is top notch. Best equipment. Never had trouble finding a machine.

Spin classes are added charge classes. They are affiliated with Flywheel. I think worth every penny ! I took spin a lot and they have a private room, great music, an interactive screen and hand weights.

Thank you for the info!! I was beginning to think that no one on board works out. Lol

The standard gym is free, both cardio equipment (treadmills, etc) and weight equipment. However the locker rooms/showers are in the spa so are not available unless you have a pass.

@takeadip - most reviews I've read that cover the gym say that it is extremely crowded during busy times. Be prepared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mom took the Zumba classes on the breakaway a few weeks ago and had nothing but good things to say about it. He actually gave you a good workout and it was a full hour, and he was loads of fun. There was no additional charge for them.

@takeadip - most reviews I've read that cover the gym say that it is extremely crowded during busy times. Be prepared!

I concur about it being crowded at times, especially the cardio room. On my trip I would go in the very early morning (around 5:30) and by the time I left it was usually close to being full. It was much worse when the weather didn't permit walking/running on the deck outside.

I found the gym to be too small for the size of the ship. The ellipticals and treadmills break down a lot, and it seems like repairs are done by an outside vendor in NYC. If there's a lot of machines down, it's almost impossible to get one during peak times.