Buying Case(s) of Bottled Water Onboard

jdbmga

I ordered a case for the two of us on a 7-day cruise, and am wondering if I should order a 2nd.

How many case(s) have you used on a 7-day cruise?

We ordered two 12 packs for two of us for a four day cruise. But we are both religious about drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. So three bottles per person per day seemed about right. But if we were to do it again we'd just pre-order one then order a second one when we ran out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ordered 2 cases for our last trip and barely finished the first. I hadn't counted on the 2 big bottles we got as platinum members and ended up leaving the 2nd case for the room steward. If it's the same price onboard, even if you have to pay gratuity which is less than 50 cents, it's better than buying extra and not using it.

BTW, there is no 15% gratuity added to the $2.99 price whether ordered from Fun Shops or Room Service. However, if ordered from Room Service it would be appropriate to tip the server a couple of bucks.

We have ordered 2 12 packs for our recent B2B cruises. They lasted both weeks considering the 2 free bottles we got for each week.

Ordered online before hand & there was no sales tax. I'm from NY which rarely misses an opportunity to tax.

We've ordered online to be delivered on embarkation day and have never been charged tax. We're from CA, and like NY, always takes the opportunity to tax anything.

Glad I came across this as it reminded me to order for our upcoming cruise! I just finished placing my order online, and was not charged any tax.

I ordered 2 - 12 packs for a 5 day with my husband and I, but we do drink a LOT of water and I will probably purchase a 3rd on board. Curious to see what we are charged for that after reading through the comments.

I believe mine is to be delivered on the first evening. No sales tax and we do have tax here in Illinois.

Hi I'm also in Illinois, and did the online purchase of water for my October 2015 Carnival Liberty cruise.

Only cost 2.99, no tax, paid with a credit card, and was in my room upon arrival. As past guests, each of us also had a 1 liter bottle of water waiting in the room as well.

Same here! From Illinois, cruised Conquest a couple of weeks ago, pre-ordered a 12 pack for $2.99 (no tax) and it was in our room by dinner time. Great to see fellow cruisers from Illinois. We are central. What region are you from CrazyboutDisney and Draka1?

• 2 months later...

Did the price go up?05fe020f4ee7ad12018da2d6de100531.jpg my screenshot says $3.99, some of you posted $2.99.

Checked my account history, I purchased one on 4/12/2016 for $3.99 no tax, I live in upstate NY & we are sailing out of Jax, FL (if anyone was interested in the tax vs location)

Edited by loretta5ue

Froufie, you're going in a few days. Will you pop back on and tell me if you had no swelling? I seriously put it down to the water because I drank 2 of the gift shop 12-packs myself plus lots of water in the MDR. Never had any swelling at all on previous cruises while drinking my usual Zephyrhills spring water. First time ever on our cruise last fall - and the swelling went on for a week or so after the cruise!

I've read about this on other threads in the past, but never experienced it before last fall.

Since you haven't had this happen before, sounds like it was the water. But I have also read here that Bonine can cause this. And when we went shopping for watches in St. Thomas, a few jewelers said just being in the Caribbean climate can cause you to swell (this may have been a ploy to convince us to wait to have the watchband re-sized until we returned, haha).