New Menu's??

hlb76

Being new to NCL I could be wrong so please forgive me.

We booked our cruise and had the choice of 2 promo's we did the drinks (duh) and dining. I think I'm figuring out how the dining works by all the research Ive done. Though I keep reading the Jade has gone on to a al carte menu vs the normal menus.

Does anyone have copies of the new menus? I'm trying to decide where to book. Also which places my son might want to join us for dinner. i dont want to pay for dinners he may not enjoy. He is pretty plain jane burger and fry guy.

Thanks in advance

Being new to NCL I could be wrong so please forgive me.

We booked our cruise and had the choice of 2 promo's we did the drinks (duh) and dining. I think I'm figuring out how the dining works by all the research Ive done. Though I keep reading the Jade has gone on to a al carte menu vs the normal menus.

Does anyone have copies of the new menus? I'm trying to decide where to book. Also which places my son might want to join us for dinner. i dont want to pay for dinners he may not enjoy. He is pretty plain jane burger and fry guy.

Thanks in advance

From what I understand, when you have the ultimate dining package, you can dine at the a la carte restaurants and just order as you normally would. The only restriction is that you can only order one entree. I found menus on the NCL website but I don't know how up to date they are. I heard that there were some changes, but from my research, it seems that the changes in the specialty restaurant menus were minimal.

Edited by Eli2abethD

From what I understand, when you have the ultimate dining package, you can dine at the a la carte restaurants and just order as you normally would.

I believe this is true for the most part, but be aware that there is still a difference between the Ultimate Dining Package and the Specialty Dining Package.

The SDP works just like you describe. You can dine at a restaurant of your choosing (upcharges apply for some like Ocean Blue, Sushi, etc.) and have one entree plus as many apps, sides and desserts as you'd like.

The UDP I think has no restrictions on entrees, but has a narrower range of choices (you can't pay $7 to have unlimited Sushi with the UDP, for example).

The UDP I think has no restrictions on entrees, but has a narrower range of choices (you can't pay $7 to have unlimited Sushi with the UDP, for example).

The terms of the UDP always had the same restrictions on entrees in Cagney's and Le Bistro.