Carnival Funpoints Card Question

Singer4Him

Did anyone else receive a letter from Carnival Funpoints about a promotional 0% APR for 6 months when you book your cruise between 01.01.2016 and 02.15.2016 and did anyone receive it before TODAY? Hubby just walked in bringing this letter...today is 02.17.2017 and the letter has just arrived...two days AFTER the expiration! It may have only been valid for the initial booking and not for the payoff but I guess I'll never know. :( Bummer!

I received the letter today too as well, but also got an e-mail from them a few weeks ago telling me about the offer as well. I already booked a cruise and paid it in full on 1/14, so I'm really excited that I have 6 months to pay it off with 0% interest. I just looked at my statement and it has the promotional rate listed for our deposit and final payment. Maybe you could call and complain and see if they could extend it?

Did anyone else receive a letter from Carnival Funpoints about a promotional 0% APR for 6 months when you book your cruise between 01.01.2016 and 02.15.2016 and did anyone receive it before TODAY? Hubby just walked in bringing this letter...today is 02.17.2017 and the letter has just arrived...two days AFTER the expiration! It may have only been valid for the initial booking and not for the payoff but I guess I'll never know. :( Bummer!

Yes, we received that letter today too. Same dates, etc. and we just made final payment on Sunday.

I had to go check my mailbox to see, but nope, no such letter. They might not bother sending one to me though, since they should know they would be wasting their time and paper. I've had the card since 2005, paid off the balance in full every month, and never paid a penny in interest. I have absolutely no idea what my APR is.

It sounds like a good deal for those that carry a cc balance and are booking in those dates, though.:)

I had to go check my mailbox to see, but nope, no such letter. They might not bother sending one to me though, since they should know they would be wasting their time and paper. I've had the card since 2005, paid off the balance in full every month, and never paid a penny in interest. I have absolutely no idea what my APR is.

It sounds like a good deal for those that carry a cc balance and are booking in those dates, though.:)

I do the same thing you do and pay balance every month and I did get the letter today. :confused:

I do the same thing you do and pay balance every month and I did get the letter today. :confused:

Oh well, there goes that theory.:p I guess I was giving Barclay's too much credit.:rolleyes:

Oh man, I just realized that could look like a really dumb pun and it was totally unintentional. But I'm going to leave it there, anyway.:p

Yes, we got ours yesterday, but still just outside the cutoff. I'm thinking, ok you put this deal out there good for about 45 days, but SOMEHOW you don't get around to mailing the letters until the final week of the promotion? I know snail mail is slow, but come on! It has to be deliberate!

Oh well, there goes that theory.:p I guess I was giving Barclay's______ too much credit______.:rolleyes:

Oh man, I just realized that could look like a really dumb pun and it was totally unintentional. But I'm going to leave it there, anyway.:p

Good one:D

I got mine two days ago. For me it worked out because I had paid my April cruise balance off earlier in February and now it's showing as zero percent promotional rate. I called to double check and the rep said its 6 months interest free. Since I'm booking another cruise for 2017 while on board this was a nice surprise.