Hi from a newbie! Advice regarding Anthem please

Hi

I am sailing on the Anthem on 27th March on the Eastern/Southern Caribbean voyage. So excited - celebrating my silver wedding. So my queries are...

1) should I aim to check in on line? Is this quicker/more advantageous?

2) any must do/must know tips for the Anthem? I have pre booked North Star and IFly. Was going to consider other activities and book on board.

3) any theme nights? The kids will want to be prepared!!

4) I have not got my head fully around the anytime dining. Will we be silly to not make any reservations before we sail? I don't know where to start!

That's all for starters. I am sure I will be back for more advice!

Hi

I am sailing on the Anthem on 27th March on the Eastern/Southern Caribbean voyage. So excited - celebrating my silver wedding. So my queries are...

2) any must do/must know tips for the Anthem? I have pre booked North Star and IFly. Was going to consider other activities and book on board.

4) I have not got my head fully around the anytime dining. Will we be silly to not make any reservations before we sail? I don't know where to start!

Checking in online will save you some time in the terminal.

Dining reservations are not required, but they can also save you waiting time.

Hi

Enjoy your cruise, here are my tips from our recent sailing.

1) Yes, as much as you can do online before hand.

2) There is an Escape Room on the Anthem that you cannot book ahead of time. If you wish to do this book it day 1 as it fills up.

Second, the Sea Plex activities cannot be booked ahead of time and are extremely popular. These can only be signed up each day. We did the Circus School, which is trapeze. The line up for this starts about 1.5 hours before, they then give out wrist bands with designated times to come back. Rollerskating works the same way, but we passed. Bumper cars is first come, first serve, but is very busy.

Rock climbing was always a quick line up.

Book the shows now- We Will Rock You was quickly picked up on the sea days and many people were waiting for general admission right before the show.

3) Don't remember any theme nights, sorry.

4) Not sure if you chose Traditional or My Time. We did My Time on certain nights, but had the specialty restaurants booked as well. My recommendation is to book now so you can ensure you get to eat where you want, but you can always then make changes once on board.

Wonderland- Appetizers were not for us, very strange, but main courses were amazing .

Chef's Table- Great, but expensive and probably not worth it you don't drink or have young kids.

Izumi- Did lunch, no reservations needed. Great food, but always was busy.

Jamie Olivers- Excellent dinner, very casual.

Hope that helps, Chris

Hi

Hi there and welcome to Cruise Critic. Here is the link to the Roll Call for this cruise Anthem of the Seas - 12 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise March 27, 2016 Please stop by, introduce yourself and chat with others on the same cruise.

Also, please don't forget to Register for the Meet & Mingle which is the official party hosted by RCI on board. Once you register, your invitation will waiting for you in your cabin on embarkation day.

When you arrive at the terminal, you go up to a person with an iPad to check-in. You have to upload your own Seapass pic ahead of time. Your room keys are found outside your room. If you've been on a cruise before, this part is very different. Also, rooms won't be open until 1, with hallway doors closed so you can't even sneak in to drop off carryons.