Balcony or mini suite on the star

vstar1100

On Dawn class and Jewel class ships I'd choose mini-suite everytime. The bathroom is more convinient (separate booths for toilet and tub/shower) and the bigger cabin with dividing curtain between bed and sitting area are more than enough for me.

When choosing a mini-suite, just be sure to research what is above - the sun deck and restaurant galleys cause noises at night during pool deck cleaning/food prepping.

I booked a mini-suite with balcony on Deck 11, the pool is above us but I'm not worried about the noise, I always travel with a fan/ear plugs and I know the kids are going to crash hard each night. I've always had balcony rooms but since there are 3 of us this time, the divider will be nice to put my 12 yr old on one side and DD and I in the bed on the other. Happy cruising!

Which would you choose and why?

THX

I would NOT pay the extra for a mini-suite. It's almost the same as a balcony with NO extra perks. The tiny bathtub is worthless unless you have a small child that NEEDS to take a bath and the curtain dividing the tiny room in half is superfluous for us.

If the price difference is miniscule, go with the mini-suite. Otherwise save some money for a near identical room.