Lunch Dilemma

richmke

OP you might want to start by checking out a recent fun times to see when each venue is open

Where do you find recent fun times?

Glad to find out that the lunch places are open on Embarkation day. For some reason, I got the impression that only the buffet was open.

Edited by richmke

Glad to find out that the lunch places are open on Embarkation day. For some reason, I got the impression that only the buffet was open.

Reviews, Internet search.... And by "recent" I mean in the last several months or so.... I don't think they change up the food venue schedules much.

Oh no. Most everything except the MDR is open on embarkation day.

I know my wife will want the MDR for dinner, so that leaves me Breakfast and Lunch to explore the other free eats on the ship.

On a 7-day (night) cruise on the Glory, Embarkation is a lunch buffet, and no lunch on Debarkation day. That leaves 6 lunches. We will be visiting 4 ports, and have 4 excursions planned, so no lunch on the ship on those days.

That leaves me with 2 Sea days to explore the other free eats: Guy's Burger Joint, Bluelguna Cantina, Burrito bar, Chefs Choice, and Fish & Chips.

Maybe I'll have to do a light breakfast, early lunch, mid-afternoon snack before the MDR late seating. But then, where will I add the Taste Bar and Sweet Spot?

Any must try meals on the Glory?

How late are the Lunch places open? Maybe we can grab a late afternoon snack on a port day if we get back early enough.

I would suggest doing the Fish & Chips on Embarkation day before others find it. It'll probably be pretty quiet on embarkation day, but as the cruise goes on, expect it to get busier as more and more people find it.

If you ship has it, the Italian restaurant has free lunch which is super good. There is a charge at nite to dine there but lunch is free. The choices are really good and a lot of cruisers aren't aware its open for lunch for the first day so thast where we head to every cruise. never been disappointed.... Have fun!