Just booked Bermuda on Summit in May - First cruise on X

NCMountains

We went on this trip last August and loved it. We are in our fifties and there were plenty of people our age as well as younger and older. The Breakaway led us there and back so we were on the Bermuda ferries and buses with the Breakaway crowd and heard lots of complaints. In contrast there were raves from the Summit folks. Again, all ages.

Hubby did some diving - booked private. I was perfectly happy to travel by myself on the bus and ferry system. I had a two day pass as I wanted to stay close to the ship the last day. As great as their transit system is, it takes TIME to get anywhere. Lots of time and the locals don't hurry.

I went to the crystal caves (both) and the aquarium - fun, but once is enough. Would have liked to have spent more time in St. Georges - next time. Didn't get to the lighthouse - next time. We did a lot, but plenty more left to do.

The Summit is a great ship with an outstanding crew. Love, love love the warm water adult pool in the solarium - free. Captain Leo was fantastic. The CC meat and greet was well attended by officers and Captain Leo obviously reads the boards. They were anticipating Captain Kate on the next sailing to start her orientation.

We have taken the Summit several times. We like May because we like a quiet cruise with few children. The weather is perfect, and you may find you will need to pull your drapes in the afternoon to help the air conditioner.

When you go into a shop, or hop in a bus, please say "hello" to the person driving, or running the shop. They appreciate this. We are so used to walking in and asking if they have...whatever. They like to be greeted first. We also have noted that Summit passengers are much happier with their cruise than the Breakaway passengers. The food is better, and there is more room. They seem to be squashed together.

We are in our late 60's and really late 60's. We just enjoy the ambiance of the ship and Bermuda itself.

We sail on the 15th. We are the couple behind the vodka gimlets! 😊

If you are going to be on the may 8th sailing, you're welcome! I recently switched out of 6143 to grab an aft c1 instead. :) And if this is your sailing, I am getting married on this ship and will be bringing a group of 56 on board with me. Most of my group are in their mid 30's - mid 40's, so you should find plenty of folks your age to spend time with. :)

Welcome aboard! This will be my second time on the summit, and I love this ship.

:D

In that case, THANKS! We were waffling between one of the Aft C1s and the cabins in Suite Land. Maybe we can compare notes later!

Look forward to seeing you guys on board!

Edited by NCMountains