Serenade 10 day - menus & Drink prices

FirstAlto

Just off the Serenade, and thought someone out there might want this info- I couldn't seem to find it before our cruise, so we couldn't book specialty dining ahead of time. We booked onboard, and didn't have any problem getting a table even though we just called in the morning

The only anomaly on our cruise was the Super Bowl on Day 3 - I'm not sure if there was a menu shuffle ??

Day 1 Mojo

Day 2 Saffron

Day.3 ****aki

Day 4 Pimento

Day 5 Chives

Day 6 Basil

Day 7 Tarragon

Day 8 Bay Leaf

Day 9 Jasmin

Day 10 Pomodoro

Coupons were available from day 3 on - 10 for $80

That price INCLUDED gratuities, so a bargain for any drink except for beer !!

Jamison & Ginger &7.50 + 1.35 - 8.85

Drink of the day - $8.00 + 1.44 - 9.44

Bloody Mary - $10.00 + 1.80 - 11.80 ( woo Hoo - saved $3.80 with coupon )

Bud $6.00 + 1.08 - 7.08

Capt & coke $7.50 + 1.35 - 8.85

Gin and Tonic 7.50 + 1.35 - 8.85

Cokes were 2.50 + .45 - 2.95

We had seriously considered getting the drinks package, but with the coupons and our 3 Diamond drinks every evening, we never came close to a break- even bar bill.

If anyone has any questions I will be glad to try to answer ;)

Jane

Just off the Serenade, and thought someone out there might want this info- I couldn't seem to find it before our cruise, so we couldn't book specialty dining ahead of time. We booked onboard, and didn't have any problem getting a table even though we just called in the morning

The only anomaly on our cruise was the Super Bowl on Day 3 - I'm not sure if there was a menu shuffle ??

Day 1 Mojo

Day 2 Saffron

Day.3 ****aki

Day 4 Pimento

Day 5 Chives

Day 6 Basil

Day 7 Tarragon

Day 8 Bay Leaf

Day 9 Jasmin

Day 10 Pomodoro

Bud $6.00 + 1.08 - 7.08

We had seriously considered getting the drinks package, but with the coupons and our 3 Diamond drinks every evening, we never came close to a break- even bar bill.

Jane

Thank you for posting. We will be on Serenade in a few weeks, also the 10 day.

From another Jane on the Eastern Shore!

Thank you for the drink info. We receive the D+ drink vouchers but the drink card is a perfect fit for us to save a bit of money. How was the entertainment on board? How was the guitar player in the pub. We always enjoy the atmosphere in there.

We will be boarding in a few weeks and Radiance class has always been our favorite size.

Thanks

Thanks!

Going on SoS in a few weeks for the 10 nighter as well!

Edit: Is there a recent listing defining what is on each menu somewhere for us folks who aren't 'seasoned' RCCL cruisers? :) Thanks so much !

Edited by CruiseGuy35

Thank you for the drink info. We receive the D+ drink vouchers but the drink card is a perfect fit for us to save a bit of money. How was the entertainment on board? How was the guitar player in the pub. We always enjoy the atmosphere in there.

We will be boarding in a few weeks and Radiance class has always been our favorite size.

Thanks

The entertainment was varied - a young Elvis impersonator - great !! A pianist

one show and a violinist another - both very talented but not exactly our cup of tea

One of the shows was a comedian/ magician ( good) and a Russian balancing act that were amazing !! The 2 production shows we saw were very entertaining .

Sorry - didn't hear the pub singer except when walking through to the theater - never seemed to be anybody in there. The piano bar guy was terrible - I heard he was a replacement for the usual guy - listening to him sing was painful !!

Had a band playing in the atrium most nights - Pulse - those guys were great and could play and sing all kinds of music !

Enjoy your cruise - our favorite class of ships !!

Jane

Thanks!

Edit: Is there a recent listing defining what is on each menu somewhere for us folks who aren't 'seasoned' RCCL cruisers? :) Thanks so much !

I don't know where I found them - maybe do a google search - there are 14 different menus - if I can figure out where I will let you know !

Jane

I don't know where I found them - maybe do a google search - there are 14 different menus - if I can figure out where I will let you know !

Jane

If you do a search for" megacruiser" on this,website, they did,a great review 2/14 that has a lot off the menus listed ( yes - they are STILL the same lol )

Thanks!

You might want to try beyond ships. .com ( no spaces ) go,to,Serenade page and there is a link for menus - most if not all are included !

Are there any restrictions on the type of drink you can order with the drink card? A limit on the menu price of a drink that is included?

My husband and I don't drink enough to consider a full package but these cards would definitely work. I drink mostly wines or frozen daquiris and husband is a gin and tonic guy.

Are there any restrictions on the type of drink you can order with the drink card? A limit on the menu price of a drink that is included?

My husband and I don't drink enough to consider a full package but these cards would definitely work. I drink mostly wines or frozen daquiris and husband is a gin and tonic guy.

Ships may have different policies, but on Vision, the limit was the same as that of the Premium package which was $12.

How many drinks do C+ receive each evening? Not sure! Thanks

Diamond and above can have unlimited drinks in the Diamond lounge.

Outside the lounge, they get 3 drink vouchers per evening that can be used at most any bar.

• 4 weeks later...
The entertainment was varied - a young Elvis impersonator - great !! A pianist

one show and a violinist another - both very talented but not exactly our cup of tea

One of the shows was a comedian/ magician ( good) and a Russian balancing act that were amazing !! The 2 production shows we saw were very entertaining .

Sorry - didn't hear the pub singer except when walking through to the theater - never seemed to be anybody in there. The piano bar guy was terrible - I heard he was a replacement for the usual guy - listening to him sing was painful !!

Had a band playing in the atrium most nights - Pulse - those guys were great and could play and sing all kinds of music !

Enjoy your cruise - our favorite class of ships !!

Jane

Do you recall if they offered a discount on the ultimate drink package? Some say various ships offered this to C&A members for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle.

Do you recall if they offered a discount on the ultimate drink package? Some say various ships offered this to C&A members for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle.

No, darn it - and I was watching like a hawk :o

Jane

No drink package discounts on Vision last week, but they did have a 10 drink card for sale about day 4 for around $85.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

We're going on the April 18th cruise, first time on Royal, and I'm wondering where on the ship we can purchase the drink cards? Thank you in advance!

If you sailing offers the cards (no guarantee), a bar or bar server will be able to sell them. Just ask.

Hello,

We're going on the April 18th cruise, first time on Royal, and I'm wondering where on the ship we can purchase the drink cards? Thank you in advance!

The morning that the drink card info was in the Cruise compass, I immediately asked about them at the pool bar - the bartender didn't know anything first thing in the morning, but a few hours later they had them available to purchase

The morning that the drink card info was in the Cruise compass, I immediately asked about them at the pool bar - the bartender didn't know anything first thing in the morning, but a few hours later they had them available to purchase

Great info! Thank you very much!!!

Day 1 Mojo

Day 2 Saffron

Day.3 ****aki

Day 4 Pimento

Day 5 Chives

Day 6 Basil

Day 7 Tarragon

Day 8 Bay Leaf

Day 9 Jasmin

Day 10 Pomodoro

Bud $6.00 + 1.08 - 7.08

Jane

Can you kindly tell me which nights are formal nights?

Can you kindly tell me which nights are formal nights?

I'm pretty sure they were the 2nd and 9th :confused::confused:

Not positive ....

If you look at the daily menus you will be able to tell by what is served

Jane