Can I change who is registered for specialty dinner package?

DocMomma13

Hi,

I booked to staterooms for my husband, me and 3 kids. Since we had to have 1 adult per room the promo for specialty dining went to my spouse and my 12yr old son (rather than me). Our rooms are not connected thus, they said they cannot assign the dinner package to me (promo). Does anyone know if I can try to have them change this assignment either before the cruise or while onboard before using the package?

thanks

(cruising Getaway in March 2016 to Caribbean)

Interested in hearing an answer on this as well.

4 of us are in one room (myself, son (19) and my parents) with myself and son listed as pax 1 and 2. We thought about trying to "share" the SDP among the 4 of us by swapping room cards so that each passenger gets 2 specialty dinners, then realized that with son being under 21, we wouldn't be able to order any alcoholic beverages with his card other than beer/wine

Hi,

I booked to staterooms for my husband, me and 3 kids. Since we had to have 1 adult per room the promo for specialty dining went to my spouse and my 12yr old son (rather than me). Our rooms are not connected thus, they said they cannot assign the dinner package to me (promo). Does anyone know if I can try to have them change this assignment either before the cruise or while onboard before using the package?

thanks

(cruising Getaway in March 2016 to Caribbean)

Not sure I totaly understand. Sounds like two staterooms with one adult each, that is normal. First two in each room should get promo, leaving one child without. That is how it should have been set up, if not you need to fix. You can change either passenger one or passenger two (in either/both rooms), just not both #1& #2 in same room. Boy,that is hard to explain...not sure I did a good job.

Edited by Boschmann

This was a pick 2 promo so we picked unlimited drinks (which covered the first 2 people in each room) then the 2nd promo we picked specialty dining. They said, the 2nd promo only covered one stateroom so only the 2 people in that stateroom. This likely occurred because we selected one inside stateroom and one oceanview room so the oceanview room received the 2nd promo.

Does anyone know if I can try to have them change this assignment either before the cruise or while onboard before using the package?

No, you can't. The promos are strictly to those in their respective cabins.

Edited by Demonyte

I would ask on board the ship if I were you. While technically the promos are non transferable, the on board personnel are well aware of families needing to have parents travelling with children be split among two cabins. I think things are often more flexible on the ship than through the offices on land.

As they say it never hurts to ask.

Rochelle