Norwegian Gem: Tips and tricks and tidbits!

gabbo18

Only available at guest services, not able to book online. You can take pictures but only in certain areas like the theater. This is due to security reasons. Another poster reports that the bridge not included anymore. Don't know if this is true or not. Last April, I booked the tour for my dad who accompanied us on his first cruise ever and was also on the Gem. At that time, the tour still included the bridge. I would just ask guest services. But even if it isn't included, the other areas are worth the cost.

We were on the Gem in January. The Captain told me that because of security issues tours of the bridge are not allowed any more. It is a corporate decision.

We are sailing on the Gem March 2nd this year and see that the time given for docking on debarkation day is 10 am.

I have never taken a cruise that the ship returned and docked that late.

Is the 10 am listed a mistake ? We usually do the debarkation where you walk off taking all your luggage. Wondering about arranging transport to airport and what time we should be looking at.

Ours had the same time and walk offs started at 7:30 AM.

We are sailing on the Gem March 2nd this year and see that the time given for docking on debarkation day is 10 am.

I have never taken a cruise that the ship returned and docked that late.

Is the 10 am listed a mistake ? We usually do the debarkation where you walk off taking all your luggage. Wondering about arranging transport to airport and what time we should be looking at.

i don't ever remember booking debarkation, is this new? I just did sailing and we only requested boarding time. Although we just got off the getaway and we didn't get called to almost 10 to leave, thank goodness we had later flight. If you walk off you should be ok pending any problems, I'm usually not in a hurry to get off the ship though.

I would say normal arrival time is around 7 am --off by 8am if you carry your luggage and 9 am if you have priority and want the cruise line to take care of luggage.

No one mentioned the 24 hour pub--I would say the food there is inedible !!!

Moderno is hot or miss--it is good if the food is cooked fresh and is not sitting around --if it is sitting around it gets tough