Sunshine

alb1956

Are there still no refrigerators on the Sunshine?? We were on her last year and was very disappointed that there wasn't a refrigerator!! Now that we have to buy bottled water.....call me crazy but I like my water( and the wine we bring on board) cold after being out in the ports and you're all hot and sweaty!!! And we can't bring our own coolers !! We tried keeping ice in the bathroom sink and that got old real fast!!!

Are there still no refrigerators on the Sunshine?? We were on her last year and was very disappointed that there wasn't a refrigerator!! Now that we have to buy bottled water.....call me crazy but I like my water( and the wine we bring on board) cold after being out in the ports and you're all hot and sweaty!!! And we can't bring our own coolers !! We tried keeping ice in the bathroom sink and that got old real fast!!!

for me and my family the fridge was not a big deal HOWEVER I did hear you can request a fridge ... worth looking into ... we kept our wine on ice in an ice bucket and we would put our water in the ice bucket before we would get off the ship, sometimes adding ice cubes into the water to chill it.

Actually you can take one of those soft-sided coolers (pack it in suitcase) and get the room steward to keep it filled with ice everyday. I think they are used to this due to the fact of no refrigerators. Our steward filled it twice a day and we always had cold water bottles and even my husband kept beer in it. We did leave the steward a little extra tip for doing this all week long. Just make sure your cooler is leak proof (test it out with filling it with water and check for leakage). It worked great for us all week, probably kept it colder than some of those refrigerators do, lol

As far as requesting a fridge on the Sunshine, there are very few of them and they're intended to be for passengers needing them for medications, such as insulin. They run out fast because people who need them for medication make requests in advance through the special needs department and very few are left.

Why can't you bring your own cooler? I bring mine on every cruise since the refrigerators do not keep things cold enough for me. It takes up very little room in my suitcase and the room stewards have never had a problem filling it with ice for me.

Why can't you bring your own cooler? I bring mine on every cruise since the refrigerators do not keep things cold enough for me. It takes up very little room in my suitcase and the room stewards have never had a problem filling it with ice for me.

We could but we are used to have a fridge in our cabin. BTW leave the wooden door open and stuff stays cold

As others have posted, I would ask for the ice bucket, and also bring a soft sided cooler in your suitcase. They take up NO room at all, when flat.

We always give the steward a $20 on the first day when we introduce ourselves and ask him to keep both full at all times.

Works like a charm.;)

We were on the Sunshine last month and we had a refrigerator in our cabin on deck 6 aft. It wasn't the built in kind. It sat in the space at the desk where the vanity stool sits and the cord came up over the desk to plug into the outlet. It was there when we got on the first week and stayed on the second week. It was not stocked with anything, but it did do a good job of keeping things cold.

We also used a small cooler (12" X 12") for our ice and wine. Cabin Steward kept it services twice a day.

We were on the Sunshine last month and we had a refrigerator in our cabin on deck 6 aft. It wasn't the built in kind. It sat in the space at the desk where the vanity stool sits and the cord came up over the desk to plug into the outlet. It was there when we got on the first week and stayed on the second week. It was not stocked with anything, but it did do a good job of keeping things cold.

We had the same thing on the Sunshine in January - deck 7 - 7277. It was cold enough to keep milk cold DH says ... and he's real picky about his milk :D

Yea I was disappointed when I found out there were no refrigerators on the Sunshine after we booked our cruise. On the Pride, we had about 4 cases of water we ordered and kept the fridge full with water. We tend to drink a lot of bottled water, so it's nice since it was almost like we were at home, being able to open the fridge and grab a cold bottle of water. Having a ice bucket just isn't the same.

With all the money they spent on converting the Destiny in the Sunshine, I'm surprised they didn't add refrigerators! I'm hoping that enough people have complained and they will add them in this upcoming dry dock in May (wishful thinking :D ).

Yea I was disappointed when I found out there were no refrigerators on the Sunshine after we booked our cruise. On the Pride, we had about 4 cases of water we ordered and kept the fridge full with water. We tend to drink a lot of bottled water, so it's nice since it was almost like we were at home, being able to open the fridge and grab a cold bottle of water. Having a ice bucket just isn't the same.

With all the money they spent on converting the Destiny in the Sunshine, I'm surprised they didn't add refrigerators! I'm hoping that enough people have complained and they will add them in this upcoming dry dock in May (wishful thinking :D ).

Lack of fridges was suprising to me as well. We really like comedy club and the fact that they made it woefully small also big negative.

With the conquest, dream and spirit class to choose from see no reason to sail on Sunshine.

To those who complain there are NO refrigs on the Sunshine .....

If you'll go back and read the thread .... Post #6 has a link to a thread where, if you click on the link, Post#1 contains a chart with cabins on the Sunshine that do have permanent refrigerators,

To those who complain there are NO refrigs on the Sunshine .....

If you'll go back and read the thread .... Post #6 has a link to a thread where, if you click on the link, Post#1 contains a chart with cabins on the Sunshine that do have permanent refrigerators,

Yes but this isn't all the rooms, it shows there is only a select number of rooms with the fridge, I just don't get it.

I doubt they can just "add refrigerators". I imagine a lot of electrical work is involved. The issue with an older ship, it wasn't designed for that. I've never had luck with cabin refrigerators in the past keeping anything more than a little cool. I think the cooler with ice is the best bet.

I doubt they can just "add refrigerators". I imagine a lot of electrical work is involved. The issue with an older ship, it wasn't designed for that. I've never had luck with cabin refrigerators in the past keeping anything more than a little cool. I think the cooler with ice is the best bet.

Keep the wooden door open all the way and the fridge works fine. Never understood why it is even there