Question about specialty dining reservations on Summit

Justabitoff

My husband and I are taking our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Summit in April and we're traveling pretty basic with an Interior Stateroom on the Continental Deck. I believe all our meals are in the Main Dining Room and we're not even paying for a drink package because we're trying to be frugal-ish. But we're thinking about making special reservations at one of the other restaurants on one of the nights (probably our At Sea day).

I believe our options on the remodeled Summit (after it's drydock this month) will only be Tavern Grille and Qsine. I've read reviews for both and they seem equally good, but is the drydock going to play any role in which restaurant I might want to choose? I can't really tell and could use an expert cruisers guidance. Thanks!

We recently sailed on the Summit and ate at Qsine. We absolutely loved it!! The service and food were outstanding. It is very eclectic and fun. If you want something more traditional, the Tavern Grille might be a better option.

If you wait until you board before making reservations, the specialty restaurants usually offer a discount the first day. You can visit each restaurant and look at their food display. You can also view their menus and ask questions. The staff was very friendly and it was very easy to make on board reservations.

Enjoy your cruise!! We really enjoyed our time on the Summit!

The TUSCAN GRILL is replacing The Normandie on the Summit.

I love Q'Sine but it is not for everyone. It is a tapas style menu with your selections made via an i pad. The waitstaff will assist, of course. The choices are endless and my favorite, which I call The Wall, has so many wonderful small bites. It is best to share with a larger group however.

The Tuscan Grill menu can also be found on Cruise Critic.

Since the restaurant was not available when we were on The Summit in December I cannot make any recommendations specific to your sailing. It is a very popular venue on the S class ships.