Review Grandeur, Bahamas, Feb 13-21

Mak7464

I just want to add a few of my experiences on this cruise. I was very lucky that I was on the first tender going ashore as there were no issues with that one. In the afternoon I got the penultimate tender back to the ship which was held maybe 15 to 20 minutes at the quay before we headed out due to the choppy conditions.

In Key West, the Immigration check was held in the theater, US citizens on deck 5, non-US on deck 6. For US citizens we were called by muster station number and it seemed that most people were actually going when called rather than creating a huge line. All in all it appeared to work quite well, certainly the best I've experienced in Key West.

As far as getting off the ship in Key West, I got off at around 11. It looked like they were trying to keep things organized in regard to the trolley line, i.e. there was at least a semblance of a line. I think the people who had it the hardest were those with excursion tickets as they had to work their way pasty people in the line to get to the excursion reps. I had to go back to the ship at around 1:00 since I realized I forgot to bring money with me (SeaPass card, check, photo ID, check, money, doh!), by that time there were no lines and plenty of trolleys waiting. When it comes to Key West, it's definitely better to be at the town pier rather than the one at the Naval base. Having to take the trolleys cuts up to an hour out of ones time in town.

GREAT review!

We also felt there was a lot of unattended children. I was scared to death one of them would have something happen. There was one little girl that was in everything, including the belly flop! I never seen her with her parents. She was always in the middle of something Andre or Paul was trying to do.

I was one of the people on the tender for 2 + hrs. The worse part was right after they had crossed a handicapped child in a wheelchair and a lady with 3 small children the walkway slid from the tender and went into the ocean. They barely kept it attached to the ship and had all they could do to pull it up into the ship.

I guess I was surprised they made us go outside for the muster with the wind chill in the single digits. Since on the Liberty in Sept we had our muster inside and it was a warm sunny fall day.

There was a issue over a football and two mothers had a very heated debate in the solarium pool.

For the most part we really enjoyed the cruise. Someone did mention they are going to build a dock at Cococay. THAT I am very happy about. I will not forget the walk way falling off the tender for a long time.