Endeavor of the Seas

DJan07

Ok... I don't know if i'm behind in the news or what. I have heard in some other posts the next Freedom Class vessel will be named Endeavor of the Seas. Has anyone else heard this news and if so from where? I think it's very exciting news if its true!!! :D

Thanks,

DJan07

Jubilee- July 22, 2002- 5 Day Western Caribbean From Tampa

Explorer of the Seas- July 24, 2005- 7 Day Eastern Caribbean From Miami

Ok... I don't know if i'm behind in the news or what. I have heard in some other posts the next Freedom Class vessel will be named Endeavor of the Seas. Has anyone else heard this news and if so from where? I think it's very exciting news if its true!!! :D

Thanks,

DJan07

Jubilee- July 22, 2002- 5 Day Western Caribbean From Tampa

Explorer of the Seas- July 24, 2005- 7 Day Eastern Caribbean From Miami

Not quite sure what is exciting about the name but RCI announced that it will be the Endeavor of the Seas, which is currently under construction in Finland, some time back. The name of the third one, which will be delivered in 2008, has not yet been announced. Keep an eye on their website for the latest news.

The Endeavor is also the name of one of the 3 remaining Space Shuttle Orbiters.

This is from NASA's site explaing the name...

Endeavour, the newest addition to the four-orbiter fleet, is named after the first ship commanded by James Cook, the 18th century British explorer, navigator and astronomer. On Endeavour's maiden voyage in August 1768, Cook sailed to the South Pacific (to observe and record the infrequent event of the planet Venus passing between the Earth and the sun). Determining the transit of Venus enabled early astronomers to find the distance of the sun from the Earth, which then could be used as a unit of measurement in calculating the parameters of the universe. In 1769, Cook was the first person to fully chart New Zealand (which was previously visited in 1642 by the Dutchman Abel Tasman from the Dutch province of Zeeland). Cook also surveyed the eastern coast of Australia , navigated the Great Barrier Reef and traveled to Hawaii.

Not exactly legit info.

Freedom will visit Bayonne on her inaugural tour. Before starting revenue cruises, she will do a series of showcases and travel agent / press cruises. It will be some time before we see a permanent Freedom class ship in NY. I think that the spread will be 1 and 2 in Miami, and 3 in San Juan, the same as they did with the Voyager class ships.

Not exactly legit info.

Freedom will visit Bayonne on her inaugural tour. Before starting revenue cruises, she will do a series of showcases and travel agent / press cruises. It will be some time before we see a permanent Freedom class ship in NY. I think that the spread will be 1 and 2 in Miami, and 3 in San Juan, the same as they did with the Voyager class ships.

Would you care to put some money on that?

Kewlguy - Any other info on the ship you can share?? I hope you are right about the ship coming to NJ.

I will see what else I can find out and get back to you. I was specifically told a "Freedom Class" ship would be sailing out of Bayonne. I wasn't told which ship. I was also told Grandeur would be sailing it's winter schedule out of Tampa which turned out to be accurate. This was well before any official announcement.

Ok thank you! It would make things so much easier for me if they had one of the freedom class ships based in NJ. I think it would be a good move for the company to have a ship of that size in the NY area.

Archived