Interactive TV in Britannia's cabin

tinsoldier

We have just booked Britannia for a 7 night Caribbean cruise in December. I've read elsewhere on this forum that Britannia's interactive TV system does not enable you to check your on board account. Does anyone with recent experience of Britannia know if this is still the case, or even planned to change?

Also is it possible to order room service via Britannia's interactive TV (as is the case on board Ventura?)

Thanks

We have just booked Britannia for a 7 night Caribbean cruise in December. I've read elsewhere on this forum that Britannia's interactive TV system does not enable you to check your on board account. Does anyone with recent experience of Britannia know if this is still the case, or even planned to change?

Also is it possible to order room service via Britannia's interactive TV (as is the case on board Ventura?)

Thanks

Hi tinsoldier, Correct, Britannias interactive tv system does not enable you to check onboard account, you will require to visit reception where they will provide you with a print out, you can do this on a daily basis if you wish. They informed us when we were onboard last November that the soft wear had not been incorporated into the system as yet. I don't know if you can order room service via TV because we never used it. I am sure someone else will be able to update you regarding ordering room service. See you joined our roll call :)

Just off Britannia last week no interactive T V as of yet so could not

access account or ordered room service which was a niggle as our door

Card was not collected one time and noticed on another morning a neighbouring cabin had theirs left too :confused:

Fingers crossed its done soon

Sue

If you scroll down to 'type of connections' it states that Britannia has an interactive TV and asks that passengers do not connect their own devices. Which of course makes it even more strange that Britannia doesn't offer fully interactive services...

I think they ask customers not to connect their own devices as a precaution from viruses etc, IE memory sticks.

I think they ask customers not to connect their own devices as a precaution from viruses etc, IE memory sticks.

Thats possible but to quote (and to emphasise) from P&O's own page:

These ships have interactive televisions therefore the connection sockets are used to enable the use of the interactive systems.

Thats possible but to quote (and to emphasise) from P&O's own page:

These ships have interactive televisions therefore the connection sockets are used to enable the use of the interactive systems.

We plunged Apple devices in but they didn't work as not supported, not sure about Windows. Had no idea you weren't supposed to.

What type of connection did you use from an apple device, hdmi ?

I don't think we did I think we just used a USB but I can't really remember as it was a while ago. I just remember we couldn't get it to work.

Edited by Florry

Maybe their definition of interactive is that in some cases you can view statements ,probably more likely you can watch movies (do they have movies you can pay to down load) rather than what we think of as interactive.

I think a lot of the setting you can not alter either (I think OH tried once as he found the pix too dark)

I guess its so jo public does not go in and mess anything up. One thing to stick a usb stick in your home pc that has a virus on, another thing entirely to stick it into a network that covers the entire ship.

At least those TVs are vaguely interative. We have got use to a 55 inch tv at home (OH has vision problems) .Arcadia has a 40" tv , I think in the cabin. Aurora when we were last on her had a 20". OH likes it for the news..we don't watch anything else..but he could barely see what was on the screen.

Britannia's TV's are 32" and their movie ordering system is much slicker than Ventura/Azura, we were also advised that a software upgrade to include account and room service was planned for sometime in the future.

Ventura has fully interactive TV's but only little 20" sets with the old 4X3 format, and the IA facility is very slow to load as well as having very annoying and loud music.

I have read somewhere that P&O are gradually upgrading all cabins with min. 32" widescreen TV's and Azura should already have them, it would be interesting to know if this is correct, and if they still have the old interactive facility, or has it been enhanced?

Ventura has fully interactive TV's but only little 20" sets with the old 4X3 format, and the IA facility is very slow to load as well as having very annoying and loud music.

Ahh yes! i had (thankfully) forgotten about that! it was insanely annoying!! Glad to hear it's not the same on Britannia :)