Getting off the boat? 1st timers on Enchantment

grngables

We are going on the Jan. 30 Enchantment cruise for our first cruise and would like advice on when to book return flights. The cruise itinerary states an 8:30am arrival at Port Everglades. What time do you really get off the boat? What would be the minimum time to book a return flight from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale to the airport FLL?

I would go with a 2:00-3:00 flight. We have been off and at the airport by 9:00 am though. The latest we have ever been off the ship is about 11:00.

I would rather sit in the airport for a couple of hours and not risk missing the flight.

Most cruises you will be off the ship between 9:00-10:30 depending on customs. If you take the RCCL transfers work an extra hour into your schedule for that. They are a lot slower than a taxi more times than not.

Hope it helps....

Bobbie

Depends on which itinerary you are on. We arrived back in FLL on the Enchantment on a Thursday. We were in the airport by about 9:30 or so. We had a 12:20 flight and made it with no problems. If you return on a Saturday I may want a little extra time.

Archived