Cloud 9 dream--help!

Dianagail

We are booked on ncl leaving New Orleans on December 4, inside cabin. I got an alert today that carnival is having a sale. Great! Let's check it out! They have inside cloud 9 rooms available! Now I have 30 hours to either take the carnival room and drop ncl or stay with ncl. What would you do? We are first time cruisers and even I know this is a good deal on the room. We likely wouldn't use any of the paid spa services, but would certainly use the services that come with the room.

Depends a lot on why you are cruising. I'm going to assume the prices are similar and that your talking about the NCL Dawn also out of New Orleans.

If itinerary and price are similar, I'd pick the Dream spa room hands down. But is there something on NCL that you were looking for?

We liked the itinerary on ncl and they had the beverage plan included (outside of tips). I'm not a drinker, but my husband does drink. I'm happy with iced tea and water all of the time. But that cruise is going to run us $200 over what the could 9 room will, excluding the gratuities.

Edited by Dianagail

I have been in a cloud 9 spa on the dream this past September. First time was a balcony. Love cloud 9 spa!! The therma pool is hands down the best. Not to mention the saunas, showers, relaxing rooms facing the water in some awesome chairs that are made out of stone. They really are most comfortable. There is a you tube video that shows the cloud 9 spa on the dream in detail. I promise you will not be disappointed!! Let us know what you decide.

Ok! Husband came home and I told him about it. After comparing (and finding out he could keep the tour we had previously scheduled in Cozumel), we booked carnival and canceled ncl!

Good choice. I just booked a row of 3 spa balconies on the Dream next year for a family trip!

Ok! Husband came home and I told him about it. After comparing (and finding out he could keep the tour we had previously scheduled in Cozumel), we booked carnival and canceled ncl!

I think you made the right choice. NCLs newest ships look amazing, but when compared to the Dawn, I think the Carnival Dream wins. I thought the Cloud 9 Spa facilities were really nice on a sister ship, plus I feel that the Dream is the best Carnival ship. She may not have some of the newest little things that the newer ships have, but she has held onto some great things that the newer ships have gotten rid of.

It's only better if you do take advantage of the Cloud 9 spa area. Otherwise your drink package would have been a better perk.

We have stayed in two C9 balcony cabins Dream and Magic. We love the proximity to the spa as we use the "free" services. DW likes the spa showers better than the one in the cabin so she grabs her robe and goes there to shower.