Celebrity Silhouette Baltic ship excursions

Al54

First, I read every post about private tours Alla, SPB..... So, my question is only about Silhouette ship excursions. Even connected on my "cruise planner" with my login and wordpass, I'm totally unable to get precise informations about excursions time departure and if those excursions operate in the morning or in the afternoon. Even if I click on "morning" or "afternoon" on the link column, the website gives me all the 114 excursions, even "full day" or "evening" excursions. Is it because my booking number connects me to a european website? Are you able, in US to get departure time and wether excursions take place in the morning on in the afternoon (specially for St Patersburg)? I sent an email to Celebrity, but they just answered me that departure time appears on cruiseplanner, which is not true for me.

Any help welcome!

The Cruise planner is located on the .com site for all cruises so the cruise location shouldn't be any reason to your problem.

Have learned the hard way to use Chrome when I have to deal with celebritys web site... Hope that will solve the problem!

Maybe you also could narrow your search to a certain day and see if that works?

Thank you. Being not at home, I can just use my Ipad : do you think it's the reason? Nothing works, even checking for one precise day. I have the "add to cart button" but no possibility to know when those excursions operate.

I find it easier to see that type of information looking at the PDF brochure for a particular cruise. Go to http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions and click on the link that says "Download shore excursion brochure for specific sailings." Fill out the form and then you can download a PDF with the times for that sailing. I have noticed that what's in the PDF is not always what's on the website and actually reservable - and vice versa.

I haven't tried this from my iPad, only from a desktop/laptop.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jaysonlf

I find it easier to see that type of information looking at the PDF brochure for a particular cruise. Go to http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions and click on the link that says "Download shore excursion brochure for specific sailings." Fill out the form and then you can download a PDF with the times for that sailing. I have noticed that what's in the PDF is not always what's on the website and actually reservable - and vice versa.

I haven't tried this from my iPad, only from a desktop/laptop.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jayson-

Can you provide a little more direction? I can't seem to find the link to download the PDF.

Thanks for your help!

Michaelc214

Are you using any sort of ad blocker or tracking blocker (like Ghostery)? If so, whitelist the Celebrity website, otherwise the link won't appear. I just tried this on a browser that did not have the site whitelisted and the link was not there - in fact the entire page was completely different.

See this screenshot.

screenshot_207.png

Thank you. Being not at home, I can just use my Ipad : do you think it's the reason? Nothing works, even checking for one precise day. I have the "add to cart button" but no possibility to know when those excursions operate.

Yes, when I use my iPad, I can't even get a quote on a cruise on Celebrity's site.

Thanks a lot! I think I have a double problem. Looking at the screenshot you published, I definitely don't access the same screen even using the link you sent to me. The screen is quite different and the mention "France" clearly appears, with prices in euros. So I'm really redirected on a european version and maybe this one has some failures.

Second : even on this site, I have an access to "download the brochure"" with a screen allowing me to give my cruise details, but when I try to download, it fails, probably because of some technical problem with the IPad. I think the solution is to find a computer!

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Are you using any sort of ad blocker or tracking blocker (like Ghostery)? If so, whitelist the Celebrity website, otherwise the link won't appear. I just tried this on a browser that did not have the site whitelisted and the link was not there - in fact the entire page was completely different.

See this screenshot.

screenshot_207.png

Thanks Jayson.

Michaelc214

Just a final point (I hope!) for all of you, who were so helpful with a "dummy French". I finally got an answer from Celebrity shore excursions desk : no problem with any european website (it's the same website, just prices in euros) and no problem with my IPad, just a very crooked cruiseplanner. On every cruiseline I'm used to travel with, the website gives excursions departure time before booking, on a complete excursions list. On Celebrity you must : 1) click on the "add to cart" button (who would "add to cart" without having precise informations?!), 2) enter the number of persons participating, and 3).....get the departure time! And you have to do it for each excursion you should be interested in (just for memory, on my cruise X offers........114 excursions!). In France we say " Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué" (approximatively : " Why to make it easy when you can make it difficult")

I feel ashamed about all the researchs you made for me, but who could imagine a cruiseline forcing their customers to check excursions one by one just to know the departure time?

Thanks again and (oops!) sorry!

Just a final point (I hope!) for all of you, who were so helpful with a "dummy French". I finally got an answer from Celebrity shore excursions desk : no problem with any european website (it's the same website, just prices in euros) and no problem with my IPad, just a very crooked cruiseplanner. On every cruiseline I'm used to travel with, the website gives excursions departure time before booking, on a complete excursions list. On Celebrity you must : 1) click on the "add to cart" button (who would "add to cart" without having precise informations?!), 2) enter the number of persons participating, and 3).....get the departure time! And you have to do it for each excursion you should be interested in (just for memory, on my cruise X offers........114 excursions!). In France we say " Pourquoi faire simple quand on peut faire compliqué" (approximatively : " Why to make it easy when you can make it difficult")

I feel ashamed about all the researchs you made for me, but who could imagine a cruiseline forcing their customers to check excursions one by one just to know the departure time?

Thanks again and (oops!) sorry!

That is strange! Glad you got some answers though.

That is strange! Glad you got some answers though.

To be perfectly honest (even if the strange process I described is totally true and detailed for me by the shore excursion desk, with screenshots), they sent me, in the same mail, a useful pdf brochure (probably the one I was not able to download on my IPad) checking all their excursions with departure time. Unfortunately, I had'nt seen it before writing my precedent mail. It remains difficult to navigate among a not really simple website in a foreign language, but X excursions desk was very helpful and I finally found what I needed.

Thanks again