ATV Xplorer & Beach Tour

cherub44

Our family is planning on doing this excursion on our upcoming cruise (through the cruise line). It says you must be at least 18 to participate. I am afraid I already know the answer to my question, but I'm hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.

We have a 15 yo coming with us. Would he be able to ride on back of one of the ATV's with his mom or dad or is this excursion definately out for him?

I have the exact same problem - we will be there in November and I have a 15 yr. old. I tried the cruiseline and they say they cannot accomodate. You can find what you need in Cozumel, but I wanted Costa Maya - let me know what you find! What dates are you going?

I was there las January and they allowed double riders. I doubt they would even check age if they look older and want to take chance going alone. Make sure you have a clue on driving these. They are automatics but they move right along. We had one woman in our group end up into a tree. Not really hurt just scared. It is a great tour.

I have the exact same problem - we will be there in November and I have a 15 yr. old. I tried the cruiseline and they say they cannot accomodate. You can find what you need in Cozumel, but I wanted Costa Maya - let me know what you find! What dates are you going?

Sorry I just got back to this post. We are going to be in Costa Maya Nov. 9. I called RCI since it's through them and not a private excursion. They said no passengers on back and no one under 18. This can't be fudged since the know the ages of the people on your reservation.

There is an ATV rental place in majahual if you're interested, there were people under 18 in our group who were able to ride alone. They are much more lax with the rules. we rode on our own around the town and into the 'jungle' area, i cant remember the price or length of time though sorry.

Archived