Wi-Fi On Board - Pride Specifically

LetsMakeWaves55

Hi All,

I'll be sailing on the Pride on 3/6 and with a group of people...wondering how we can all stay in touch and figure out plans on board.( Was hoping the HUB app would be available for the Pride by this time, but nope!) Is the WiFi on the ship free?

I saw the new internet plan details but just want to make sure I have this right:

For $5/day we can access apps like Whats App and Facebook Messenger etc. and I assume that can be via our cell phones? - so WiFi, but it doesn't say that specifically.

Has anyone sailed recently that would know any more info on this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I'll be sailing on the Pride on 3/6 and with a group of people...wondering how we can all stay in touch and figure out plans on board.( Was hoping the HUB app would be available for the Pride by this time, but nope!) Is the WiFi on the ship free?

I saw the new internet plan details but just want to make sure I have this right:

For $5/day we can access apps like Whats App and Facebook Messenger etc. and I assume that can be via our cell phones? - so WiFi, but it doesn't say that specifically.

Has anyone sailed recently that would know any more info on this?

Thanks in advance!

First off, you will probably be disappointed because I doubt the hub application will be available in time for your cruise date. If that is the case then you next option would be the $5 dollar a day social internet package you were describing. This will include access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. However, this does not include access to other websites, email or apps.

This package is the cheapest form of internet offered on the cruise ship. In order to use it and prevent any cellular data/messaging charges you would turn your cellphone into airplane mode then turn on the Wifi option. You can also use a tablet or laptop if you want but again the access is typically limited to the above sites/apps.

If you are curious to something while on land in international countries feel free to post your cellular provider and I can provide the different pricing set up for that. Overall, I bought the value and the social package for my girlfriend and both worked well. If you have additional questions please free to ask :)

PS: Below are the pricing options for the WIFI onboard the ship.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

Source: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Edited by josephcooper7

Thanks for all the info!

Kinda how I thought it worked but you never know really. I'll have to communicate it to the group and see what they think. We could always just use the old room phones to plan too.

$5 a day isn't bad though. Might be worth it to me.

thanks again! Happy sailing! :D