Better deals with CAD$ on RCI website

smartpeach

I have 2 connecting balconies on the Allure for August. With the current WOW sale, it's now CAD$ 2,824 with $100 OBC. So, I call my TA to get a price adjustment. This price does not show on her system. She sees it as over $2900. She thinks I'm lying. I insist and she then calls RCI and we go on a conference call.

The RCI agent does not see the cheaper price online either. Now they both think I'm lying. I took several screen shots of the RCI website and email to them as proof. After an hour of discussion and talks with the supervisor, RCI says they'll honour this price but only "this time". As if they're ding me a huge favour.

If it weren't for the extra OBC my TA was giving me, I would've cancelled and rebooked my cruise online.

I just can't understand why only I can see the online CAD$ price and not my US based TA or the RCI agents. Is it a glitch in the system and only shows on Canadian IP addresses?

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Only TA's that are in the same country you are in are allowed to offer any "non-US currency" offers. You mention your TA is in the U.S. unless they have a license to offer Canadian offers they cannot see / offer them. If you had a Canadian TA then they would have seen the offer.

Edited by jonj

Only TA's that are in the same country you are in are allowed to offer any "non-US currency" offers. You mention your TA is in the U.S. unless they have a license to offer Canadian offers they cannot see / offer them. If you had a Canadian TA then they would have seen the offer.

Interesting. This does not explain why RCCL couldn't see it though? I get the TA thing, due to licensing restrictions, but why wouldn't RCCL be able to see what they offer in various currencies/on their international websites? Odd.

What cabin category and what date is your sailing? My TA from US can book Royal in CAD and my friends from Canada get the same pricing that they see on the website plus they get OBC from the TA...

Edited by nyc12345