Suite Packing/Unpacking Benefit

Lynda90

The tub is definitely big enough for two average size people and quite deep, and there will be room to move around if you are, ahem, restless bathers. And then there is that all glass shower right next to it.

Yes, tea every afternoon. I am also a tea junkie and this was such a wonderful thing. Hmmm, I think I would like a spot of tea. . .and there it would be.

Decadent, that's what suites are.

We just got back from the Island Princess where we were ugraded to a suite from a minisuite. This could be a very bad thing because the wife wants (expects) this to happen on future cruises. This upgrade is going to cost me dearly on future bookings. icon_cool.gif

The suite was wonderful and you will enjoy all of the perks that come along with it.

The neatest thing we liked was the delivery of the lunch and dinner menus for the dining rooms each morning. We had several of our dinners ordered from the dining room menu delivered to the room and ate on the balcony.

Greg

Grand Princess 2001

Grand Princess 2002

Grand Princess 2003

Sun Princess 2003

Island Princess April 2004

Till the Diamond Princess - Mexican Riveria November 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;11;6;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Till the Island Princess - Hawaii April 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Just got back from The Grand in a Vista Suite with our two kids. My kids were sooo funny when they ran ahead to open the suite because they didn't know we were getting a suite and we were all thrilled with the room. The balcony is wonderful. Never had the stewart ask about the unpacking when he brought the welcoming glasses of champagne. A tip-bring champagne to drink with your breakfast on the balcony. It's a great way to start the day. As far as the tub, I would normally not use a hotels tub, but this tub invites you in. It's large and has a resty for your arms. WONDERFUL. The canapes or strawberrys were fun. The laundry service was nice but of coarse you have to itemize everything and some person pins an ID number to each item. My daughter is a avid instant messager which they say you can't do, but she figured out how. She racked up $300 worth of charges thet got taken off the last day. Be sure to check your bill throught the cruise with the pursers office as to not get sticker shock. On the lobster night we ordered 4 lobster tails on the balcony for an appitizer. The showed up with 4 full dinners. We ate the tails and ordered it again at late seating. yum. We had High Tea in the room once by my 13 year olds request. Thought it was very cool. Each got 3 finger sandwiches, tons of tea choices, scones, jam, strawberries and deserts. The extre space in these rooms is so great and with two children the two TV's was also great. Pirates of the Caribbean was playing when we were in the Caribbean. Great vacation and the only bad thing is we will forever need a suite. Also wanted to mention that the Vista Suites are located aft(Stern). The only place to be! Happy cruising to all.

Cher:

I am leaving on May 29th for Alaska and I looked on-line in the cruise personalizer about 2 weeks ago and saw we had the suite upgrade--so about a month, plus a week or so.

Cruising plantlady:

Thanks for all the great information. Wow lobster on the patio for appitizers. Now how DECATANT (sp?) is that. Can't wait to do it!!

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Vista and Premium Suite?

Thanks and happy sailing,

Lynda

And.. what's the difference except location, between the Vista, Premium & PH suites??

And.. you can really order off the FULL dining room menus and eat dinner on the balcony??

Hubby hates getting dressed for dinner and I love sitting on the balcony, so this is a perk for me! (PH cat.)

Until the turkey in the tropics cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Majesty 94

Sovereign 95

Destiny 96

Fascination 97

Triumph 98

Celebration 99

Rhapsody 9/02

Rhapsody 10/03

Splendour 4/04

Grand Princess 11/04

A perk in the suites is that you get the days menu for lunch, dinner and the next days breakfast when your steward makes up your room. I can't tell you how fun it is to have them come in with the pink linen table cloth. You don't get these views in the dining room and yes you can order anything off the menu. It's fun to just do appetizers as you are dressing for dinner and then order different ones in the dining room. yum yum. The penthouse suites are a little bigger and have a king sized bed I think otherwise I believe they are the same. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

We have an aft suite in 2 weeks on the Sun Princess. It's a surprise for my military husband - he thinks we're in steerage! His aunt and uncle are also traveling with us. Will they bring dinner for four to the suite? (We may decide to avoid formal night and this would be a very nice alternative)

CCL Holiday 2000

CCL Elation 2001

CCL Pride 2002

CCL Ecstacy 2003

RCL AOS 2003

Sun Princess May 14 2004!!

When you say aft suite do you mean Vista PH or similar. If that is the case I'm sure you can order what you want on your balcony. What a great surprise. Good for you and have a great time. Also you can always call princess and ask specific questions.

Archived