Reduced Deposits

jcgld62

This is the pricing guide for the reduced deposits.....

The Early Saver fare is subject to availability and is capacity controlled. $49 per person deposit is applicable to 2 -3 day sailings, $79 per person deposit is applicable to 4 – 5 day sailings, $99 per person deposit is applicable to 6 – 9 day and Vista Caribbean sailings, and $149 per person deposit is applicable to 10+ days, Alaska, Vista Europe sailings.

Definitely shouldn't be $800. Although it does say "capacity controlled". I remember someone on FB saying they were having this problem during the last reduced deposit, and, the answer they were given is that Carnival had already filled their availability for that sailing under the reduced deposits. I have no idea if that is actually the case or not, but, that's what they were told on the Carnival FB page.

Anyone else go through a 'pretend' booking on one of the $49 deposit cruises and at the end it says deposit due $800? I'm putting in 4 people for a 5 day so that would be the normal deposit amount. What am I missing?

The deposit details say $49 and up.

There is also a breakdown of various deposits based on length of cruise, but when I did mock bookings, I too received deposit amounts in conflict with stated deposits.

This is the pricing guide for the reduced deposits.....

Definitely shouldn't be $800. Although it does say "capacity controlled". I remember someone on FB saying they were having this problem during the last reduced deposit' date=' and, the answer they were given is that Carnival had already filled their availability for that sailing under the reduced deposits. I have no idea if that is actually the case or not, but, that's what they were told on the Carnival FB page.[/quote']

If that's the case then this particular cruise should not come up under that promotion as an option to book. Even throughout the 'pretend' booking it states "$49 reduced deposit" as one of the booking category perks.

Anyone else go through a 'pretend' booking on one of the $49 deposit cruises and at the end it says deposit due $800? I'm putting in 4 people for a 5 day so that would be the normal deposit amount. What am I missing?

Call them to get it.