Drinks in Britannia's main theatre

tinsoldier

I read somewhere that unlike Ventura, the theatre on Britannia does not have pop out/fold out tables in the armrests which means that waiting staff do not serve drinks directly to your seat? Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Thanks

No there is no fold away table in the armrest at least not on the seats that we sat on and I never did see any waiter serving drinks in the theatre. I think the reason maybe due to the fact that as there is only one way into your seat and out again to get into your seat you require to pass by the other guest who are already sitting down the waiters might find it very difficult to manoeuvre there way in past other guests. The easiest way to get into the row of seats is to walk right along to the end of the row where you will be then be sitting next to the wall no exit way out apart from waiting till other guests empty the row.Only one way in and out. However, I did see guests with drinks guess they brought the drinks in with them. Or maybe the waiter did appear and I didn't see any of them.

Edited by HELEN HENRY

No there is no fold away table in the armrest at least not on the seats that we sat on and I never did see any waiter serving drinks in the theatre. I think the reason maybe due to the fact that as there is only one way into your seat and out again to get into your seat you require to pass by the other guest who are already sitting down the waiters might find it very difficult to manoeuvre there way in past other guests. The easiest way to get into the row of seats is to walk right along to the end of the row where you will be then be sitting next to the wall no exit way out apart from waiting till other guests empty the row.Only one way in and out. However, I did see guests with drinks guess they brought the drinks in with them. Or maybe the waiter did appear and I didn't see any of them.

You are correct Helen, waiters do not come into the theatre to take orders or serve drinks, but you can bring in drinks. IIRC there are holders on the end of the armrests, although I think s.o. said the glasses do not fit in them! Could be misremembering though.

You are correct Helen, waiters do not come into the theatre to take orders or serve drinks, but you can bring in drinks. IIRC there are holders on the end of the armrests, although I think s.o. said the glasses do not fit in them! Could be misremembering though.

Correct, there are holders but you struggle to get glasses into them plus due to the width of the seats it's very uncomfortable with the holder digging into your thigh. I don't remember the Seats on the Azura being so narrow so probably another Britannia foible!!

Correct, there are holders but you struggle to get glasses into them plus due to the width of the seats it's very uncomfortable with the holder digging into your thigh. I don't remember the Seats on the Azura being so narrow so probably another Britannia foible!!

I'm glad it's not just me Raymondo111. I've actually lost quite a bit of weight since our cruise on Azura 2 years ago; I was "snug" but OK in Azura's theatre seats, so expected to have no problems on Britannia, but found them very uncomfortable, as did DH, who is "normal" size.

I like being able to take drinks into the theatre and I like being able to order and get drinks before the performance starts.... but it is so annoying when the waiters are squeezing past taking and serving orders once the show has started. IMHO of course.