New to Cruising

Kylie1603

Hi My Husband & I are new to cruising and are sailing on Freedom of the Seas in October. We are looking into the alcohol package but I cant find any pricelist as to how much the alcohol costs without the package. Is it worthwhile to buy the package, we are only sailing for 7 days and yes we do enjoy a drink. Do we have to buy 2 packages or can just the 1 person go up to the bar and get 2 drinks?

Hi My Husband & I are new to cruising and are sailing on Freedom of the Seas in October. We are looking into the alcohol package but I cant find any pricelist as to how much the alcohol costs without the package. Is it worthwhile to buy the package, we are only sailing for 7 days and yes we do enjoy a drink. Do we have to buy 2 packages or can just the 1 person go up to the bar and get 2 drinks?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here are the beverage packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Add 18% gratuity to the prices in the document.

Cocktails are around $12, beers $6 to $8, glasses of wine start at $8.

If you each want drinks from the package, then you each need to buy your own package. With two packages, one person can go to the bar and get two drinks.

Edited by clarea

I usually figure it takes about 5 or 6 drinks per day to break even with the cost of the drink package. That sounds like a lot of drinks, but it adds up quickly after trying out the "drink of the day", then a beer or two around the pool, then cocktails on the balcony, wine with dinner, and maybe a cocktail at the show.

Bottled water is also included on the package now (they weren't originally.) We can easily go through 3 or 4 of them per day.