Cagliari Car Rental

jjjet

Hi - we are cruising to Sardinia in March and want to arrange a car rental for the day. I can only seem to find two agencies that are anywhere near the port and the cost is 3 X as much as the airport. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems like the only option is to take a taxi to/from the airport which doesn't seem ideal. Do car companies drop off at the port? If so, there are 5 of us, so having someone come to pick us up may be difficult unless they have a six seater? Do car companies have shuttles in Cagliari? I have googled it to death and still can't find another option other than airport. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - we are cruising to Sardinia in March and want to arrange a car rental for the day. I can only seem to find two agencies that are anywhere near the port and the cost is 3 X as much as the airport. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems like the only option is to take a taxi to/from the airport which doesn't seem ideal. Do car companies drop off at the port? If so, there are 5 of us, so having someone come to pick us up may be difficult unless they have a six seater? Do car companies have shuttles in Cagliari? I have googled it to death and still can't find another option other than airport. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi - were hoping to hire a car in Cagliari too....did you find anywhere yet?? We're working on the basis we,'Lloyd grab a taxi to the airport and rent from there.

I did find a company, charges 20euro for drop off and pick up to the port. Also needed a special release form from credit card company and International Driving Permit which was pretty easy to get. Company is called Sardinia Autonoleggio - very easy to deal with. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by jjjet

I did find a company, charges 20euro for drop off and pick up to the port. Also needed a special release form from credit card company and International Driving Permit which was pretty easy to get. Company is called Sardinia Autonoleggio - very easy to deal with. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, I've made contact with this company & seems a great set up.....but there are some quite negative reviews on trip adviser (but then again there are a lot of negative reviews about most of the car hire companies). Not sure whether to book....have you made your reservation already?? We're there in March too on the NCL Epic.....really looking forward to visiting Sardinia - it looks lovely.

We are on the March 16 Epic Med Cruise - I think we are on Sardinia on the 19 - I will let you know how it goes, unless you are with us on the same cruise :) we are planning to drive to a place on the west part of the island.