My Time Dining

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with MTD. We have done it in the past with reservations. Do you really need to make reservations? We just recently went on Carnival and we just went when we wanted.

No requirement to make reservations. You can just show up when you like. The theory is that folks with reservations would have less wait, but many report little or no wait without reservations.

Our experience on the Radiance last summer was this: Our last port day, we decided to eat in the main dining room for the first time. Up until then, we'd generally eaten in the Windjammer. Around mid-afternoon, I stopped by the desk and made a reservation for our party of 7 for 6 that evening. No problem. Had a lovely meal. Decided to again have dinner in main dining the next day, our last at sea. Picked up the phone around 11 that morning and they were booked. Were told they may be able to accommodate us around 7:45. We decided to pass.

My takeaway from that was, reserve early, especially on sea days.

I often read on here that people claim to have no or little wait. From what i have actually seen is that when we leave the dining room, usually between 7:15 and 7:30 there are a lot of people out in the lobby waiting to be seated. Just like restaurants at home, it depends on what time you arrive.

We make our reservations for MTD for 6:30. There is usually a line of passengers waiting for tables when we get there but since we had reservations we get right in and our table is ready and waiting for us. On the Vision last March the no-reservation line was so long it was all the way across the ship and out the door. We like to eat the same time each evening so we make reservations. It works for us.

We normaly made our reservations for 5.30 - 5.45 because we like to take the first show. Sometimes we get invitations or we notices an event at this time so we changed the time, this was no problem. We prefer reservations because as written, later in the evening we normally saw many people waiting to be seated on Radiance ots and Allure ots.