Getting irritated with rci after all these years

jebl

With all the different WOW, the BOGOHO's and the new 30percent off... If you reprice after one promotion ends with fares in a new promotion before or after final payment, the On Board Credit you had with the old promotion will go away because it was booked with the old promotion (or be added if the new promotion has more).

The only OBC that will stick around with the reservation are the on board booking ones.

We had a similar issue with RCI, a couple in our party booked an inside cabin with $200 OBC, they wanted to upgrade to a balcony cabin, this was about a month before the final payment was due and RCI said yes they would do the upgrade, which would have cost around $2000, extra but they would lose the $200 OBC.

I know its because of the current offers at the time, but it seems petty and does not make sense.

But what do we know ?

We had a similar issue with RCI, a couple in our party booked an inside cabin with $200 OBC, they wanted to upgrade to a balcony cabin, this was about a month before the final payment was due and RCI said yes they would do the upgrade, which would have cost around $2000, extra but they would lose the $200 OBC.

I know its because of the current offers at the time, but it seems petty and does not make sense.

But what do we know ?

I agree, but for the last few years they seem laser focused on the immediate profit, no matter what the consequences.

Maybe it's time to try another cruise line.

Keith

That's exactly what we did. We booked a Princess cruise after a less than satisfactory cruise with RC. We are running back to RC with a new appreciation for them! We booked wit RC within 2 weeks of returning from Princess!

And you may find a new line you enjoy! You never know!

It's good to try different cruise lines IMO and not get too hung up on the loyalty scheme.

I agree things have changed considerably at RCI. Have been sailing with them since 1988. Still like them but enjoy cruises on other lines as well.

I look for the best deal and make a judgement on the offering. My D membership provides a value add for RCI so sometimes tips the balance. Also a case of the devil you know.