MSC questions

hjrell

Ok, maybe I have been living under a rock, but I've never heard of this cruise line until today. We have cruised on Celebrity, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess - balcony room - 7 cruises total. How does MSC compare to any of these?

It doesn't appear that they do any time dining. Is that correct?

We would be doing the Caribbean itinerary.

Are the ships very small?

Any comparisons would be appreciated. Just hesitant to book on a line I have never heard of!

Hello,

We did a short 2night cruise aboard Divina when she first started sailing from Miami a few years ago. We were impressed. We have booked a 7 night in May of this year. We chose the Aurea Package which includes the following:

BEST DEAL: Choose from a premium balcony stateroom or suite located in the most desirable locations on board and pamper yourself during your cruise.

Plus FREE ($600 value)

Free UNLIMITED drinks*

Free "My Choice Dining"

Free spa package with a spa welcome cocktail, one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, private wellness consultation and free access to the Thermal Area throughout the cruise (available only for adults)

Complimentary set of well-being products

Private sundeck access

Priority boarding

* The drink package refers to Allegrissimo or More For Less Classic depending on cruise destination. (Starting Summer 2017 the Allegrissimo package will be re-named the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package & the More-For-Less Classic will be renamed the All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package). Please refer to the Special Packages section for further details. Download our experience benefits summary chart to easily compare what’s included with BELLA, FANTASTICA, AUREA and MSC YACHT CLUB.

The cost for the 2 adults/1 child (which sails free) was comparable to our Princess cruise balcony but without the additional perks.

MSC also offers a Loyalty Match Program. Definitely look that up.

We enjoyed Princess very much and will sail with them again as well as Carnival and Royal. We were not that crazy about Celebrity. And have only done short cruises on NCL (except the Norway, which is scrapped now).

All ships/lines are different. It is hard to compare MSC to one of the above lines. It is very different. Much more European. We enjoyed the differences and the diverse passengers. The ship is very beautiful and clean. It is not a small ship. We enjoy taking 2 hours to eat so that was no problem for us. However, some of the other Americans, who like to do everything fast..LOL, thought it was to long. You just need to expect a different atmosphere and embrace it. The cabins are very well layed out and have plenty of storage. The shows were fantastic. I especially liked the fact that a bar server wasn't approaching me everywhere to buy a drink. Once I made eye contact they were there.

Happy Sailing !!