Cost of Cruising vs Land Vacations

kontraxed

We love cruising, and just discovered All Inclusives last year. We now have a 30 year membership in a vacation club. We bank points in the AI on years we don't go, and get a nicer room, or take the kids. But I will likely always continue to cruise. In my experience, the AI is slightly less expensive, and each have things that are better than the other. There is no clear "better choice" for us

Edited by Toddcan

When our children were younger we made annual pilgrimages driving from NJ to Fl. Spent 7 days at sea followed by 7 days in Orlando. The Orlando piece was always significantly more expensive than the cruise, and while cruise prices have risen over the years theme park prices have risen much more quickly. Plus my daughters loved to dress up aboard ship (and eat all the pizza and ice cream they wanted). They still occasionally cruise with us, but it's been a long time since we visited Orlando.