Why can't I WYSIWYG anymore?

I have also posted in the "forum help" place, but I knew that my fellow RCCL cruisers would have the expertise to solve my new editing problems.....Ever since the upgrade yesterday, I can't seem to use any formatting. In fact, although I type with spacing and new paragraphs, etc., it doesn't show up that way - just shows all in one paragraph. I click on fonts, smilies, bold, and nothing happens now.... I am normally using Mozilla Firefox, but I have also tried with IE. Nada.///// ....anybody else having trouble or know how I can fix this?

I have also posted in the "forum help" place, but I knew that my fellow RCCL cruisers would have the expertise to solve my new editing problems.....Ever since the upgrade yesterday, I can't seem to use any formatting. In fact, although I type with spacing and new paragraphs, etc., it doesn't show up that way - just shows all in one paragraph. I click on fonts, smilies, bold, and nothing happens now.... I am normally using Mozilla Firefox, but I have also tried with IE. Nada.///// ....anybody else having trouble or know how I can fix this?

Same thing has happened to me, but on another message board website (that has the same features as this website). Everything that has been mentioned here, I've tried over there, but it still isn't working. I will be watching the advice you get here, hoping it will help me over there.

I have the same problem at work. We use Mozilla Firefox there. I can do anything with my post when i use it, but if i sign onto my AOL account and use it to post everything returns to normal :confused:

I hadn't even noticed the spell checker! I'm hoping a lot of people will use the feature. Maybe we could finally get rid of dinning room now.

Forget it, I tried it spelled the above way and even spell check doesn't realize it should be dining room!

I have the hardest time with misspelled words, because I read them as they are spelled, even when I know the correct spelling :rolleyes: . Oh, well.

OK, here's the 4-1-1

A very nice man (excitedofharpenden) suggested this and it worked for me:

manually go into your internet options menu and empty the cache and cookies. Then exit your browser and reopen it. Viola! :)

It worked for me on the other site.....YEAAAA!!! (Actually, I didn't know how to empty my cache, but I did empty the cookies and it worked just fine after that.)

THANK YOU!!

I hadn't even noticed the spell checker! I'm hoping a lot of people will use the feature. Maybe we could finally get rid of dinning room now.

Forget it, I tried it spelled the above way and even spell check doesn't realize it should be dining room!

I have the hardest time with misspelled words, because I read them as they are spelled, even when I know the correct spelling :rolleyes: . Oh, well.

Yes, spell check isn't a catch all. It can't tell when you make a mistake and type TOW instead of TWO. Sometimes it doesn't catch things like there, their, and they're, or I WILL TO instead of I WILL TOO.

I've sent things off after spell check and then re-read it and thought, my word, did I do that.

So don't worry, even with spell check, I'm sure we'll still get a good chuckle now and then.

Yes, my favorite example of the limitations when using spellcheck is from eons ago. The English dept grad students were helping several Engineering dept grad students with their theses. One of the engineers could not understand why spell check did not "catch" his repeated use of ASSES, which of course was meant to be ASSESS--slightly different meanings there. So, as an advisor, I simply reminded the Engineering student that computers can easily make ASSES out of the best of us. (In this case, dinning and stewart--another fave--are actual words. The only thing that might catch them would be a grammar or syntax checker. Ah well, darn computers--they're so literal.)

And I would appreciate a bit of help getting the "new" board to let me use bold and italics in quick replies. I'll try purging cookies and temp files; it's about due for that anyway.

beachchick

Archived