Millennium - Transatlantic - 4/30/06

GenSteve

I'm VERY interested in booking Millennium's April 30th repositioning cruise. My partner and I have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean.

This cruise has the best transatlantic itinerary I've found, but I have concerns about Celebrity being a bit too formal. We never eat in the dining room, preferring to casually eat at the buffet. I've read that Celebrity doesn't offer a buffet option for dinner, but does have menu dining. Any feedback?

Also, I understand that Millennium will be undergoing some updating before heading back to Europe with this cruise. Any details?

And, finally, I would appreciate any comments about the gym, spa, sauna, steam setup on Millennium.

Thanks...Steve

Celebrity doesn't offer any dinner buffets on their regular cruises, however, they do offer a casual dinning experiance in the buffet area on Deck 10, aft. Also, Celebrity offers 24 hour, complimentary, room service for those days you just feel like lounging!

They Millennium has, what I believe, to be a great AquaSpa area including: the thelosatherapy pool, enclosed hot tubs, a rather large gym, a dining option open until 6pm offering natural healthy foods, sauna's with windows opening to the side of the ship, and the Persian Gardens steam room experience. The Persian Gardens is my favorite offering different levels of heat and moisture in different areas, and a hot stone relaxing bench that will melt away your stress!

The AquaSpa is run by the Steiners organization, which is a third party company opporating aboard Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Crystal, Princess, Holland America, and several other cruiselines. The Millennium also offers a unique service of accupuncture therapy, and I have to say that it has worked wonders for me in the past! I would highly reccommend it!

Otherwise, I will say that Celebrity is a much more laid back cruising experience. You won't see the crazy pool games or bar crawls that you might find on a Royal Caribbean ship, though there are plenty of opportunities to have a good time!

Good Luck! Hope to see you there!

Archived