**What should I expect-Grandeur after going on the Mariner?**

3redheads

Went on the Mariner in August and loved it! Going on the Grandeur in early November. These are the differences I've read about:

Grandeur

no Promenade

smaller arcade (DD12, DS 7)

no Chops or Portofino

no basketball court

Am I spoiled for life? Will the Grandeur pale in comparison to the Mariner?

Oh, and no aft balcony this time :(

Do you think it will be a bit of a let down?

Kim

3 redheads, I loved the Grandeur. The one thing I loved was not having to wake up early in the morning to get a chair at the pool. I was at pool by 9:00-9:30 and always got a chair. It just seemed like it was more relaxing with less people. Also, I loved my asst. waiter Francesco!!!!!

I also was on the Mariner,which I also fell in love with. I feel No other ship can compare to Mariner,except maybe Freedom.:) After Mariner,I also was on Grandeur,July 17 to be exact. You already listed what most of the big difference's between the 2 ships are,so you know about them. Just go with the mindset,it's a smaller ship but still a very nice one. Expect to have fun,it's a cruise after all. Most of all,don't try to compare the 2 ships. They are 2 very different class ships,but each is great in its own way.

3redheads - thanks so much for posting this thread. I was also wondering the same thing after being on the Voyager, Explorer and Mariner (Sept 11/05).

I was wondering if motion was a problem on the smaller ships. Thinking about going on the Grandeur (April 2006) and will be travelling with DD (10) and hoping that motion will not be a problem after being on the bigger ships. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Currently have a mid ship cabin booked on Deck 8.

Does anybody know anything about the kids program on the Grandeur?

I am booked on the April 3rd cruise. I am psyched. The only other cruise I was on was on the Carnival Sensation. My dream cruise for now after the Grandeur is on the Mariner of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. Let's start a meet and mingle tread for this cruise. I am single and will be traveling alone.:)

I can't compare it to the Mariner, but can compare it to Disney, for you. Very similar size. Staterooms were similarly decorated but seemed skinnier which made a difference the first day or so. Bathroom looks cheap compared to the Magic, but probably more functional. Disney has the 4 in a room down bedding wise a lot better than Grandeur. But Grandeur has the connecting rooms much better than the Magic, if you have 2 cabins. We found the staff friendlier on Grandeur than the Magic. Great family fun in the South Seas lounge between the 2 dinner seatings. My children really liked the Adventure Ocean on Grandeur.

Hope this helps some.:)

I did Voyager and then Grandeur. I noticed the differences in amenities, but another difference I noticed is the people. On Grandeur, you make friends with someone and you see them everywhere. It's more social because it's smaller.

Archived