??Upgraded Rooms??

Jcsups

We went on a Princess cruise that we booked through Princess and were upgraded to a better room. Our last cruise we booked through Expedia and didn't get an upgrade. My question is if you book through another company what are your chances of getting an upgrade on your room?

Slim

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not true for Princess. Whether you book directly or through a TA, Princess often gives upgrades. First time cruisers usually get them on Princess. They hook you in with a great cabin on your first cruise and then when you sail again you are going to want at least that cabin or better. I think it is a great strategy.

We book through a TA and always got upgrades until we decided we like the aft facing Vista Suites the best and had the TA mark all those bookings with no upgrade. Now, when we pick our suite, we don't want to be moved, even if to a better category of suite.

Yep, our first Princess cruise (my hubby's first ever) was for our 10th anniversary. We booked a mini-suite and got upgraded to a full suite 3 days before we sailed. Hubby told his brother he was 'screwed', because I would never settle for less...LOL! Tho, HE'S the one that will not even entertain an inside cabin now.

On our first Carnival cruise together, for our next anniversary, we did indeed book a suite...LOL...!

Not true for Princess. Whether you book directly or through a TA, Princess often gives upgrades. First time cruisers usually get them on Princess. They hook you in with a great cabin on your first cruise and then when you sail again you are going to want at least that cabin or better. I think it is a great strategy.

We book through a TA and always got upgrades until we decided we like the aft facing Vista Suites the best and had the TA mark all those bookings with no upgrade. Now, when we pick our suite, we don't want to be moved, even if to a better category of suite.

Were we talking about on princess? I thought since this was posted on the carnival board it was referring to carnival, in which case my answer stands. Slim.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When you book thru a TA any offers go thru the TA, who might or might not pass them on to you. Carnival rarely does free upgrades, they mainly do upsells.

Princess's upgrades are what they consider an upgrade, many pax do not. Also if you have a TA and are upgraded to a 'bad' cabin you have to contact the TA. Princess might email you or your TA about the upgrade but many times they do not.