Newbies to cruising

Me and my husband go on on first cruise on 6th march on the dreamliner to paradise islands, for 1 week. I have got lots of brilliant information from this site, thank you, just a few more questions;

What time are breakfast, lunch and evening meals

We have booked some trips with Thomson are the half day trips normally morning or afternoon

Apart from the shows, is there other entertainment in other areas of the ship

We havent booked any trips for our last day in Barbados yet, does anyone have any ideas

On the dreamliner does anyone know what sort of food is served (I have a very fussy husband) going in the morning.

When we land in Barbados, what happens

Sorry about all the questions, were getting very excited, but I am also nervous.

Thank you

Welcome to cruising, and I am sure you are going to have a great time. We are doing Paradise Islands in January.

Food is basically served all day in one form or another and you can go for meals whenever you want to, apart from the Captain's night when you will be given a set time on first or second sitting in the main dining room. The Cruise News you get daily in your cabin gives you the opening times of the various bars and places to eat to choose from.

Half day trips can be morning or afternoon and destination services on board will be able to let you know the times of the trips you have booked. There should be a folder in your cabin when you arrive with the trips detailed, and these will have the times on, and your tickets will be put into your cabin for you.

The various bars have entertainment on, and again you will see details in the daily Cruise News.

Trips are arranged on the last day in Barbados, but it will depend on your return flight time as to what may be available to you.

There is a prepacked type hot meal served on the Dreamliner, and later on there is a sandwich and scone type tea. Drinks come round too. Hot, cold and alcoholic.

When you land you go through to the coaches to take you to the port where you go through a large terminal to be registered. They give you your ships card which is used to purchase anything on board, and is shown when arriving on or leaving the ship at ports, take details of your credit card (fee to pay) or debit card (free) to pay for any purchases on board. A photo is taken and you make your way on board where someone will show you to your cabin.

Have a fantastic time.

Gill