Are there any incentives to booking while onboard?

cruizinpooh

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but can't find an answer.

So, are there any incentives/pros to booking a future cruise while on board?

We are sailing this November and are interested in booking another for next spring. However, I'm not sure if I should wait to book on board or just do it now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cruizinpooh

I've allways looked into booking while onboard, but the TA I use has always beat NCL's prices. I really don't think a shipboard credit is any big deal. With the costs of anything onboard being inflated, a $100.00 credit really isn't worth $100.00. My average savings booking with my TA versus NCL is usually at least $150.00 per passenger, and that's real money, not a credit. I also pick my own cabins, so that's a wash.

I'd take my time and shop around.;)

I was on the STAR last week and booked 3 cabins for a cruise next summer. Being people who spend very little time in our cabin - I asked for the cheapest available. We got what I thought was a good price and got $50 ship board credit - per cabin. I came home and checked the website and found cabins for $200 cheaper. I called NCL and changed cabins for the lesser price - had to forfeight the $50 credit though.

My suggestion is that if you think you want to go again - check the prices before you go and then see if they can beat them.

While on the Dream this summer we asked about prices for next summer (Baltics). We were quoted a price in US$ and the comment was "you know how much that will be as the [exchange] rate is fixed". It didn't seem a particularly good deal so we didn't go any further with it. We were, however, completely in the dark as to how the exchange rate was going to remain fixed - has anyone else come across this situation?

Archived