New AMEX Offer: $75 off $250 on Carnival

Dixie24

Did you happen to get the email from AmEx? Thanks!:)

You can also check under "Savings" on the Offers part of the AMEX website to see if it shows up there.

Edited by Dixie24

I thinking now that this isn't going to work. Because when I paid for my cruise fare online it came from a merchant named Carnival but this is coming from a merchant named Bon Voyage. Did your transaction state Bon Voyage also?

I read on a previous thread last time this offer came up that Bon Voyage didn't work because it doesn't show as a charge from Carnival. :mad:

I finished the order. I haven't gotten the email from AMEX yet but the transaction is showing it is coming from a merchant named BON VOYAGE for $250

After not getting the email after buying the cruise cash. I called carnival and had them prepay my gratuties of $300 and right away that triggered the offer email that said be expecting a $75 credit on next statement. The gratuities transaction also was from CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE MIAMI which was different from the Cruise Cash purchase transaction from BON VOYAGE.

Does anyone know if purchasing Cheers shows up as Bon Voyage or Carnival Cruise Lines?

Mine showed up as a pending charge from "Bon Voyage", but the actual processed charge is listed as "Carnival Cruise Line Miami, FL" on the statement.

Mine showed up as a pending charge from "Bon Voyage", but the actual processed charge is listed as "Carnival Cruise Line Miami, FL" on the statement.

Thanks. Did you use the AMEX offer to buy it by chance? Trying to figure out if the credit would work for it.

Thanks. Did you use the AMEX offer to buy it by chance? Trying to figure out if the credit would work for it.

I did, but I'm not 100% convinced it's going to work. I'll let you know if the credit shows up.

Just booked our cruise tonight for the Valor in September. My boyfriend and I both had this offer so I split the deposit into 2 payments of $250, so our $500 deposit has now magically turned into $350! I love finding a good deal! :D

After not getting the email after buying the cruise cash. I called carnival and had them prepay my gratuties of $300 and right away that triggered the offer email that said be expecting a $75 credit on next statement. The gratuities transaction also was from CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE MIAMI which was different from the Cruise Cash purchase transaction from BON VOYAGE.

The $75 credit just hit my transaction history. The credit came from the same "doing business as" "CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE RSVR" as the $300 gratuity transaction made over the phone. The $250 Bon Voyage transaction made for Cruise Cash is now out of pending status and shows up in the transaction history as "doing business as" "BON VOYAGE". My guess is that the Gratuity payment is what triggered the credit and not the Bon Voyage transaction. First because I got the credit email immediately after placing the gratuity payment. And Second because the credit merchant info is identical to the gratuity payment and not the Cruise Cash payment. This is all speculation because I didn't have enough patience to wait for the Bon Voyage transaction to fully post before making the gratuity payment with the same card.

I got the offer on my AMEX Platinum. Just a reminder that you need to register for the offer before you book.

I booked a cruise today and paid the deposit with the AMEX. I immediately got the congratulatory email that the credit will be applied.

I used an online travel agent, not Carnival.

I know some people have had this offer before, but I just got it for the first time today so wanted to let everyone know. I already have my cruise paid off, but will use this offer to prepay for Cheers online. I'd assume that would qualify.

"Details

Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions on a Carnival Cruise booking by 4/15/2016. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer is valid on qualifying bookings made online or via phone through Carnival or your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Excludes gift card purchases. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/15/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer."

Thanks to the OP I will be getting my statement credit when I use my card in April to pay off my cruise. Yee Haw!