Throw myself a curveball & ended up booking my 1st MSC cruise!

kikki21

I didn't know that I would use my extra day this fine Leap Year to go & book a cruise but that's what I've done!

MSC has sort of been on the horizon as a mmmmmm.... interesting & I have liked the look of the newer ships in the past few years soooo I really wanted to do an Adriatic cruise.

Celebrity was my preferred choice but they had zero special offers on for when I wanted to cruise and it was also hideously expensive. If i was going to spend that money then I might as well go for a premium lux line.

So I went & looked for my 2nd choice of itinerary - a Western Med from Barcelona as that's something neither of us had done.

I was about 80% ready to book NCL Epic in a spa mini suite balcony as i would get free drinks package and free speciality dining but I was a bit hesitant so threw my own curveball & looked at what MSC could offer me!!!:D

So I ended up getting a bit of a deal of one of the Aurea Corner Suites with a hot tub on the balcony and booked for next July!!!! :D

I didn't know that I would use my extra day this fine Leap Year to go & book a cruise but that's what I've done!

MSC has sort of been on the horizon as a mmmmmm.... interesting & I have liked the look of the newer ships in the past few years soooo I really wanted to do an Adriatic cruise.

Celebrity was my preferred choice but they had zero special offers on for when I wanted to cruise and it was also hideously expensive. If i was going to spend that money then I might as well go for a premium lux line.

So I went & looked for my 2nd choice of itinerary - a Western Med from Barcelona as that's something neither of us had done.

I was about 80% ready to book NCL Epic in a spa mini suite balcony as i would get free drinks package and free speciality dining but I was a bit hesitant so threw my own curveball & looked at what MSC could offer me!!!:D

So I ended up getting a bit of a deal of one of the Aurea Corner Suites with a hot tub on the balcony and booked for next July!!!! :D

I have always done MSC in the Carib. so I can't say what the Med. will be like as far as mix of passengers, but this is honestly my favorite line and I have done most of them.

They will be speaking the announcements in the lang of which they are sailing, followed by English and 3 others.

Booze is so reasonable on this line, view their packages.

What ship will it be?

I am sailing on the Divina to Bermuda in April. It is a beautiful ship and wonderful service.

I assume you've booked to go on MERAVIGLIA in one of the forward corner suites on a deck between 9 and 13. They look very nice, I've booked a YC 1 for September. it'll be my 15th cruise with MSC.

I'm sure you'll love it.

Can you match a level in the loyalty club? Worth doing if you can.

You'll get an All inclusive drinks package with the cabin so no need to check their packages

Edited by Skier52

I assume you've booked to go on MERAVIGLIA in one of the forward corner suites on a deck between 9 and 13. They look very nice, I've booked a YC 1 for September. it'll be my 15th cruise with MSC.

I'm sure you'll love it.

Can you match a level in the loyalty club? Worth doing if you can.

You'll get an All inclusive drinks package with the cabin so no need to check their packages

That's the one!

I have Captains Club loyalty & NCL but quite basic levels but I can give it a go!

If you can match at any level you might be able to wrangle another 5% discount. so worth a go.

Anything is worth a go so I will see what's what! I got a bit of extra discount as I personally know the TA who booked it for me so saved a bit there! :)

It's the brand new Meraviglia or the ship name that I can't quite pronounce properly! [emoji4] We've booked the Aurea package so we have the drinks package included. Unbelievable prices I have to say.

The best deals were last July when MSC club members got 20% discount (BLACK LEVEL) off special club prices, pre general release of bookings.

I paid ~ £1300pp for a YC 1 suite , Today's promotional price £2449pp. 90% dearer!!

Then they badly upset the club members by getting rid of the 20% discount and giving you a chocolate ship instead.

P1010381a.jpg

Wow wish I had had this on my radar last July then lol!

That's a fabulous price for a YC! I must admit that at those prices, I would have snapped one up fast but I am more than happy with the Aurea Corner Suite :)

As MSC gets more well known, we can expect them to raise prices, especially for their sailings during busy seasons. So sail on them while they are still relatively unknown!

We sailed on the MSC Preziosa Yacht Club in Dec 2015 and the experience was awesome!

As MSC gets more well known, we can expect them to raise prices, especially for their sailings during busy seasons. So sail on them while they are still relatively unknown!

We sailed on the MSC Preziosa Yacht Club in Dec 2015 and the experience was awesome!

I read your review and was well impressed by what you had written so I might have to blame you for this cruise lol! ;)

If you can match at any level you might be able to wrangle another 5% discount. so worth a go.

I have already booked and paid for my cruises although final payment isn't here yet. I put in the match offer yesterday although I was already listed as "welcome" status, so not sure if I received the 5% at the time of booking or not. If not will they retroactively apply the discount and refund me or give me the equivalent in refundable OBC? Assuming of course that I would have to ask for it to be done.

Edited by vicocala

I have already booked and paid for my cruises although final payment isn't here yet. I put in the match offer yesterday although I was already listed as "welcome" status, so not sure if I received the 5% at the time of booking or not. If not will they retroactively apply the discount and refund me or give me the equivalent in refundable OBC? Assuming of course that I would have to ask for it to be done.

"Welcome" status does NOT benefit from a 5% discount, that is available on Classic, Silver, Gold, and Black.

If you have matched at one of the 4 higher levels then I suggest you request your 5% discount. They may offer the 5% as OBC as you have already paid in full. I would strongly argue your case for having the 5% and not be fobbed off with a negative answer. If you have booked via a travel agent you will have to get them to make the request on your behalf.

I'm also booked on the Meraviglia but for June - it will be my 22nd sailing with them.

Will be getting my first chocolate ship in just over a month. It had better be really good chocolate to make up for losing the 20% discount!