A deck cabins on Britannia

Alimcp

We have been assigned a cabin on A deck and it is described as 'sheltered'. Looking at pictures of the ship it looks that the deck above overhangs it. Has anyone been in one of these cabins?. Will we get any sunshine?. Thanks

We have been assigned a cabin on A deck and it is described as 'sheltered'. Looking at pictures of the ship it looks that the deck above overhangs it. Has anyone been in one of these cabins?. Will we get any sunshine?. Thanks

I did a search of threads and found this

The only down side was that apart from early morning or early evening you do not get any sun because of the over hang from above, but if your side of the ship isn't facing the sun then you wouldn't get it anyway and the sun deck is only one floor up (if you can get a bed).

So yes the overhang does tend to stop you getting full sun on the balcony. I would also imagine the cabin itself maybe slightly darker.

As you say have been assigned a cabin, I would guess also that you are on some sort of saver fare, so would not be able to change it.

hi we were on xmas new year cruise on BRITANNIA in cabin A 709, had plenty of sun on the balcony sometimes too hot to sit out ,great location up 1 deck for horizon buffet or pool area.cabin was not dark ! never had to put lights on during the day..liked the location so much we have booked A DECK again for xmas 2016.. enjoy your cruise.

Thank you English lady and Boyce. This is our 1st time on P and O, now cruising sans children. Only paid for the 'cheap seats' so accept the cabin grade allocated. As said by Boyce the lack of sun maybe offset by convenience of deck access. I do hope that we enjoy the p and o experience. We have mainly gone for Royal Caribbean in the past to accommodate our children though my parents are long standing P and O cruisers. Looking forward to our 1st P and O cruise.thank you for replies.

Thank you English lady and Boyce. This is our 1st time on P and O, now cruising sans children. Only paid for the 'cheap seats' so accept the cabin grade allocated. As said by Boyce the lack of sun maybe offset by convenience of deck access. I do hope that we enjoy the p and o experience. We have mainly gone for Royal Caribbean in the past to accommodate our children though my parents are long standing P and O cruisers. Looking forward to our 1st P and O cruise.thank you for replies.

I hope you enjoy p and O. Nowhere near as blingy as RC. No fancy climbing walls. She suits us though. She has her failings but we love the overall experience.

You can take drink on board-no limit, within reason-for in cabin consumption.

the drink prices are very reasonable.

Do come back and let us know how you got on.

Hi

We were recently in A425 and was awful.All you could hear was a thud of constant foot traffic from above.Then the staff moving beds and kitchen staff dragging things at 6.30am.

We complained on numerous occasions especially when kids at 4.30am were chilling out up there!