OBC + Gratuties

Hi- I've read several posts on gratuities / services charges so not looking on info on how much etc. I feel like I read some mixed comments though on what I can use my OBC towards. We booked through NCL directly and part of the promo back then (spring 2015) was an OBC. From what I've gathered, we CANNOT use the OBC toward the payment of the service charges ($12/day pp) but we CAN use the OBC toward the extra gratuities we'd leave for stateroom steward, butler, concierge???? And we do that through visiting guest services with the name / title of the person we want to leave extra gratuity for and they give us a slip to hand to them?

Just trying to plan... TIA

If you prepay those service charges, you'd be locked in to that $12/pp daily rate. If you wait to pay on board, you'd have to pay the new daily rate of $13.50/pp.

That is good to know... I did just look it up in my account and it said 12/pp and was just going to wait to pay on board but knowing I'll get the old rate means I should pay it now and then use extra gratuities to take care of the services we use most.