Dubrovnik & spit with kids

Having a look through our excursion options for our upcoming trip at Halloween we stop at both Dubrovnik and spit we will be travelling with our 5 yr old and 3 yr old and the costs of the excursions are very pricey I thought the cable car ride would be fun and really not sure about the spit excursions are either near the towns or are they miles away any suggestions much appreciated :)

I am interested in the cable cars in Dubrovnik but excursion prices are a small fortune is this far from the port? Thought this would interest the kids rather than a guided tour bus. Yes apologies it's meant to say split is the port near the town or will o have to go on a boat excursion?

There is a lot of info about cable car and the ways how to go there in another thread, Dubrovnik (merged). I think you can negotiate with a taxi to bring you to the Mt SrΔ‘ from where you can take a cable car to the Pile gate, I think.

Β 

Port of Split is in the very center of the old town (Riva promenade and Diocletian Palace) so you can easily go on foot even with your small kids.

Brilliant I will try and get a taxi and do it ourselves rather than pay nearly Β£180 for an excursion. I think in spilt we will just get off and walk round the town since its doable wasent sure we're the ports were in relation to the towns thanks for your help

That's a lot of money, indeed. I always recommend taking a walking tour in Split, so someone knowledgeable can tell you about history and everything. But I'm not sure about that with such a small kids. Nice gellato in our town. :)