Suggestions for santa cruz de la palma

suron

We are on Thomson Majesty from Tenerife on 22nd March and will be calling at Santa Cruz de la Palma. We are due to dock at 09.00 and sail again at 15.00

Any recommendations as to what we should see would be appreciated. Would prefer to avoid taking a ship's excursion but want to see as much as possible in the short time we have at this port.

Thanks in advance.

Suzanne (Bristol, UK)

• 2 weeks later...

We called here 2 years ago, but didn't go any further than the town itself. It's a beautiful town with cobbled streets, painted balcony houses, traditional crafts, a naval museum in a building shaped like a ship, and lovely mountain views. I'm sure the interior is beautiful, but we enjoyed our call here more than any of the other islands.

We had decided to negotiate a taxi from the port. When we arrived there the weather wasn't too good, so we went into the town and had a coffee in a bar.

However, it started to rain, but some friends were on another cruise so we rang them. They came and met us in the bar and said they had been there on 3 previous occasions and the weather had always been the same.

The coffees changed into G & Ts, say no more. I would play it by ear. By all accounts it is a beautiful island, but you won't see much if it is raining.

It's one of most beautiful island in Spain. Despite the danger of sinking in the Mid atlantic due to an sleeping volcano it's green. Don't miss Caldera de Taburiente. It's one of the most beautiful natural park in the world.

It's one of most beautiful island in Spain. Despite the danger of sinking in the Mid atlantic due to an sleeping volcano it's green. Don't miss Caldera de Taburiente. It's one of the most beautiful natural park in the world.

Your photos are lovely and I am now tempted to book the ship's excursion which actually takes in Caldera de Taburiente and also Mirador de La Cumbrecita and Mirador de La Conception. With only a short time in port we are I think more or less obliged to take a ship's tour if we want to see the beauty of the island rather than try to go it ourselves.

Thank you for your informative reply.

Suzanne

We had sobrasada and Mojo Picon. I can't see what pic I ve put it as I did it with my phone. My first reaction was sobrasada?. Yes. Also from the island. And they put honney on it