BreakingAway 2/21-2/28 Solo Style

khaide612

Today I hit the spa for a Pick 6 package. Love these.

What is the Pick 6 package? Thanks! I'm enjoying your review! :)

oops found the answer as I continued reading: The pick 6 is something they don't always publicize. They list 6 things (mini facial, eye treatment, head & neck massage, scalp massage, hand massage, foot massage). And you can pick some or all for like $100 -$150.

Edited by ennazus

Some final thoughts...

I've done a lot of NCL Jewel class cruises and love those ships but the Breakaway is beautiful. I don't like having to reserve things & can imagine the frustration people might experience if they weren't travelling alone & had to try to reserve shows for a family. However, there are so many other options for entertainment & live music that you can just walk into that missing some shows did not affect my cruise. The standby line for Headliners Comedy was never that long - I walked past a few times & though I had no real desire to attend, I was told that after people are seated you could basically walk in & grab a seat.

I do like the fact that there are so many options for dining - paid & inclusive. I read a review by a fellow cruiser who was worried they would wander into one of the "exclusive" venues but I never felt that way at all. The options are there and you don't need to use them.

My onboard account was limited to spa treatments & 2 cruise rewards & 97 cents for tax on my drinks before sail away. I got by without spending any money on food, bingo, deal or no deal. I bought nothing in the shops onboard and did not go to the art auction (which I usually sit through just to see the pretty pictures & laugh at what they want to charge for them & get the free champagne & the small picture they give you for attending). My cubicle has all those free pictures hung all over to give it some color.

I would definitely cruise the Breakaway again - even with the large family/friends groups I usually travel with.

It was important to me to read through several solo cruising reviews since I'm doing it in February 2017. I've got to say, I enjoyed yours most of all. I'll be sailing on Getaway but enough things are the same to give me a much clearer picture than I had before.

I'm kind of bummed about the clear shower doors in the Thermal Spa but I think I'm even more bummed that there are only 2 showers in the Ladies locker room !

Have a great life, kiddo, until your next cruise !

It was important to me to read through several solo cruising reviews since I'm doing it in February 2017. I've got to say, I enjoyed yours most of all. I'll be sailing on Getaway but enough things are the same to give me a much clearer picture than I had before.

I'm kind of bummed about the clear shower doors in the Thermal Spa but I think I'm even more bummed that there are only 2 showers in the Ladies locker room !

Have a great life, kiddo, until your next cruise !

Thanks so much!!! I wasn't in the locker room long but I'm pretty sure there were more than 2 showers on Breakaway & they didn't have clear doors. I just asked my sister who did Thermal Spa on Getaway this past summer & she said they spa showers did not have clear doors.

You are going to have such a good time. I'm already talking to people I met about doing another one - though 2 of us already have a trip to Disney Marathon weekend in January. Funny the people you meet that you've been travelling with for years without knowing!

• 1 year later...

Fun times.

Thanks Everyone!

Tuesday - Port Khaideveral

There was a solo meet up at 11am to see if anyone wanted to go do anything together. I slept through that meeting so cannot report back.

When I finally got up and ready, I grabbed tea from the lounge. I'm not a coffee drinker but that machine in the lounge is great. So much so that various officers and staff would be in there throughout the day. I would grab a tea in the morning and some iced water at night.

I grabbed a quick lunch in the buffet. Today I hit the spa for a Pick 6 package. Love these. After and before I hung by the pool area. It was more crowded than I expected but not "crowded" really. I took a few naps by the pool in between hot tub visits. Did a lot more exploring around the ship.

There was no formal solo meet up so I eventually showered and changed and had dinner in the buffet. Sat on the Waterfront for awhile and made some calls/texts/checked on work and emails.

Later I met up with some CC roll call guys and we talked and drank and danced and had the shortest cabin crawl ever. Another late fun night!!