Does NCL Jade offer charter water "bus" at port of Venice?

JC168

Just wondering if NCL Jade offer charter water taxi "bus" at port of Venice to San Marco? I heard that Princess Cruise does offer this service for 15 Euro per person. I tried to contact NCL regarding this inquiry, but cannot get an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not sure if the Jade alway docks in the same spot especially that she is no longer there year round but in 2015 the Aluguana boat was directly next to the Jade. You purchase tickets and can see the ticket booth and boarding area from the ship. It's 8 euro each way. No charter boat that I was aware of. Drop off direct to st Marc's square with no stops in between. Ticket people speak English and it was not a confusing process. Rick Steves book recommends purchase of one way in case you decide to make your way back to the ship another route. I think there's a little discount for rt but not much. Conversely there's a ticket booth at st marks square where you purchase return to ship.

Alliguna line also goes to the airport. Water taxis are very easy and a great way to travel.

Alilaguna and vaporettos (the "buses" of Venice) are very different from water taxis. Water taxis are very expensive and the distinction is important.

Alilaguna and vaporettos (the "buses" of Venice) are very different from water taxis. Water taxis are very expensive and the distinction is important.

Yes - you are correct. Now I think of it I never used the water taxis. Just Vaporetto and the Alliguna line. Fantastic way to get around.