Snorkeling

twinsmom310

I am planning to go to West Bay beach to snorkel for the day. Some questions

Will I be able to find a cab when we get off the ship to take us there? What would the cost be? Also would love to be able to rent a float, as we already have snorkel gear, but not floats. Would there be any to rent?

Thanks!

Yes, you can take a taxi but which port are you arriving at? There are two different ports- Carnival has it's own called Mohagany Bay and it is quite a ways from West Bay while the other ships dock at Port of Roatan in Coxen Hole. There are plenty of taxis.

Cost will depend which port you are going from. Always ask the rate before entering the cab.

There are not a lot of floats usually rented on West Bay beach, sometimes you can find those types of things in between Mayan Princess and Henry Morgan resorts at a little stand on the beach. And sometimes vendors are selling the blow up kind. You might do better/cheaper to grab a couple cheap ones from Target or Dollar store that pack easily. But you never know, I have seen a few from time to time