Captain Bryan's Tour

Jaxsonbrownie

I have booked a tour with Captain Bryan's. We previously had used Nativeway,which we were really happy with, but when I e-mailed them, they were unsure about being able to accommodate us at the time we are in port. So I noticed the Hannibal Catamaran tour with Captain Bryan & thought it might be nice to try something different.Does anyone have any experiences to relate to me? I see alot of references to the "Buccaneer" but not too many with the "Hannibal" Nativeway made a dvd disc of our experience and wondered if Captain Bryan does this also? or just pictures? Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jaxson

We were on the Hannibal last week and it was great. They had a cooler for you to put your own drinks in, plus ice water which was just what I wanted. I think the only difference is we only did one snorkel stop, which was plenty because by then we were pooped. We did get the pictures, all she took of our group for $55.00. The guides were great and stayed in the water with us and helped with the stingrays and made sure we all got good pictures. They were very attentive to keeping up with everyone and our kids had a great time at the end of the dive jumping off the boat over and over. That is something you would not get to do on a ship tour, maybe minor but an example of the difference in tours. They had a restroom onboard, and a hose to rinse the salt water off. I would not hesitate to book the tour again.

airhead22, Thank you for your reply.I am glad to hear you had a great time! All I would want is one snorkle stop also as it does tend to tire you out between the heat and the salt water. How were the quality of your pics? Did you get alot of them? I appreciate your info, thank you:) Jaxson

airhead22, Thank you for your reply.I am glad to hear you had a great time! All I would want is one snorkle stop also as it does tend to tire you out between the heat and the salt water. How were the quality of your pics? Did you get alot of them? I appreciate your info, thank you:) Jaxson

I CAN HELP!!!

We were on the Hannibal on the 23rd. It was GREAT. There were 2 stops, Stingray City and Coral Gardens. No, it wasn't tiring at all. You get a "break" as they take you over to Coral Gardens.

As for the photographers, they did an excellent job. There was a bit of a misunderstanding, but it's ok now. The pics are AWESOME. I have them posted among my other pics here. Their pics are the only ones underwater. The didn't take any pics while at Coral Gardens though, and I wish they did.

We would definitely do them again next time!

CessKinKoS, your pics are so great! About how many did they offer you and for what price? If you don't mind me asking. When we went with Nativeway, they made a dvd of our trip, but it included alot of the other people in it,which I really can't see paying that much for it with only a few minutes of us on it. Did they make an effort to take enough of everybody to have a good personalized collection? I appreciate your input on this. Thanks:) Jaxson

CessKinKoS, your pics are so great! About how many did they offer you and for what price? If you don't mind me asking. When we went with Nativeway, they made a dvd of our trip, but it included alot of the other people in it,which I really can't see paying that much for it with only a few minutes of us on it. Did they make an effort to take enough of everybody to have a good personalized collection? I appreciate your input on this. Thanks:) Jaxson

I don't you asking at all, this is all info i'd have liked to know before my trip too!

first of all, they do take credit cards so you don't have to bring cash. they just write your number down and run it when they get back to the office.

they didn't make a DVD, only took digi photos. and you only pay for the ones you were in. they show you, as you're headed over to the next stop, the photos they took of you in their camera. i think it was $25 per shot, or $75 for ALL of them. Yeah, sounds pricey, but if you swim w the dolphins, they charge about the same for a poorly printed photo of you kissing it. These guys send you a cd w all the photos on them, that way you can just take them to a place and print them yourselves for a lot cheaper than having to contact them and having them send the pics. Since there were only 9 ppl on our little trip, the photog was able to get a lot of pics of us, and i think he got twice as many photos of us than anyone else... so we got a lot of pics. i think it's worth it. our underwater cams worked well, but not as crisp as their images. if you want to take a look for yourself, here they are. They start after "cruise 122" photo. These were taken w a Fuji underwater cam.

by the way, there were 2 photogs on our trip, but only one took pics to sell. the other was "learning the ropes."

Cess-thank you for the info, and for sharing your pictures. I actually couldn't wait for all of them to load, so I never saw the stingray ones, but I know that those photographers do a great job. The $75 is very exp., but I know if they are great pix of my family, I will probably buy them:o. What i did see, though, was some of the professional pix on board-I have never sailed with Carnival (this is our 2nd cruise), and I have heard they have professional photographers every night. I saw your family one, but it looks like your girls also had some done...they were very cute. Maybe my girls will also do that...and me and hubby...and me and girls...and even hubby and girls. Hmmm...I should win the lottery:o

Susan,

I was just on a Royal Carib cruise. I have been on a Carnival, and they didn't have the "Lifestyles" portaits, which is what i think you're referring to. (I AM one of those girls, the bigger one.) Carnival had mostly the more formal ones, which we only took one of those.

I guess $75 is expen for pics, but after i saw the quality, i thought it was totally worth it. heres a tip, make sure you stick close to the photog to make sure he gets lots of shots of you, and don't be shy, just ask him to take a shot for you, and pose.

We got a DVD when we went on Captain Bryans trip and it was $60, I think the VHS was $40. YOu need to tell them when you book and they set it up for you

We got their DVD and it is great! We didn't have to tell them ahead of time that we wanted it. We signed something after our snorkels, so I guess you can do it either way.:)

Dear djbeth, thanks! Have you ever had one of those days where you could just do that to someone? That just makes me smile when I look at it! Karen and Sheffie, What catamaran were you on? The Buccaneer or the Hannibal? We are going on the Hannibal. And was it just a basic dvd of what a trip looks like? Or was it a dvd of your group on your tour? Thanks for your help.:) Jaxson

Just got back from our cruise. There were 4 in our group. We went on the Hannibal 10-12-05. I think our tour was running behind so maybe that is why, but they did not take any pictures or video on our tour. We took our own underwater cameras so that is all we have. Also, the snorkling was not great. The water wasn't very clear and there wasn't much to see. We only seen a few fish and they were nothing to look at. We expected to see more colorful snorkling with clear blue water. Not what we got. The water was a murky green. It was still a good time but we wouldn't do it again.

Dear djbeth, thanks! Have you ever had one of those days where you could just do that to someone? That just makes me smile when I look at it! Karen and Sheffie, What catamaran were you on? The Buccaneer or the Hannibal? We are going on the Hannibal. And was it just a basic dvd of what a trip looks like? Or was it a dvd of your group on your tour? Thanks for your help.:) Jaxson

Jaxson, we were on the Buccaneer. Our DVD was taken while we were on the boat, and snorkeling at all 3 stops. They did a great job of getting everyone on the video. They have great music that they dub in, too.

Just got back from our cruise. There were 4 in our group. We went on the Hannibal 10-12-05. I think our tour was running behind so maybe that is why, but they did not take any pictures or video on our tour. We took our own underwater cameras so that is all we have. Also, the snorkling was not great. The water wasn't very clear and there wasn't much to see. We only seen a few fish and they were nothing to look at. We expected to see more colorful snorkling with clear blue water. Not what we got. The water was a murky green. It was still a good time but we wouldn't do it again.

So sorry about your green water experience. One never knows how the weather and the water will be. Sure glad I'm not there this week!

We were on the Hannibal on the afternoon of 10/12/05 off Star Princess.

There were 14 on board - 8 of which were our group. They took 40 pictures of our group, singles and group photos. It cost $100 for all of them and they took a credit card for the purchase.Have not gotten the CD yet.

Capt Bryan only took cash or tvl checks. Our ship came in a day early and they knew about it and was expecting us, so no problem with cruise changes.

We did not have any problem with the snorkeling - water was clear in the afternoon and we took lots of underwater photos.

I especially liked the fresh water hose off on board, glad to get the salt water rinced off. We had 3 children with us and they made sure they had a good time and helped them holding the stingrays.

The only draw back was the "2 block" walk to get to their shop to meet them. It was a long 2 blocks for someone who can't walk very well.

After the tour they did drop us off at the pier for the tenders or Hard Rock.

Archived