Dining waitlist on Anthem?

We are sailing in late September on Anthem. There are 8 people in our group. After talking to some people on my Harmony roll call who have been on Anthem, they suggested we do the DD Classic either early or late seating.

I emailed my TA and asked if she could put us on the waitlist for the Classic late seating. She replied back that anthem only offers DD open. :rolleyes:

I replied back and copied/pasted from rccl Anthem dining section the difference betwwen Dynamic Dining Choice and Dynamic Dining Classic

The next day she replied back with "I just contacted Royal regarding this request. Both Classic times are closed, meaning there is not even space on the waitlist to add you"

Would they close a waitlist over 6 months out? That doesn't make sense to me. Should I email rcldining@Rccl.com myself. Or should I just say forget it and pick the order of the restaurant's for my whole group and deal with a new waitstaff every night? Or do you have another suggestion?

Just a side note. It is important to us to have most dinners together, we all live in different states and don't get to see each other often.

Thanks

That is weird . I was on wait list 45 days out. Email the Rccl yourself. If that doesn't work, when you onboard go straight to maitre d to fix the problem. Got mine done with no problem for early classic seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by pjnj40

I'm on the same cruise and have been waitlisted for 6:00 pm Classic since I booked last year. Since I'll be solo I really didn't want Choice, but I guess I'll see when I get onboard whether I can sneak in to a Classic spot, if one doesn't open up before.

Susan

That is weird . I was on wait list 45 days out. Email the Rccl yourself. If that doesn't work, when you onboard go straight to maitre d to fix the problem. Got mine done with no problem for early classic seating.

Thank you for the reply! I will email them and keep my fingers crossed.

I'm on the same cruise and have been waitlisted for 6:00 pm Classic since I booked last year. Since I'll be solo I really didn't want Choice, but I guess I'll see when I get onboard whether I can sneak in to a Classic spot, if one doesn't open up before.

Susan

Did you book through a TA or through Royal directly?

I know when we booked our last cruise, on GOS, it defaulted to MTD, I had to call and change it to late seating.

I booked directly online with RCI and have since called a couple times to see if I could change to Classic, with no success yet. I'm not giving up though! The only option when I booked was Choice or waitlist Classic. And I booked June 5, 2015. If I can't get classic I'll probably just eat in the Windjammer, or have a late lunch and skip dinner.

Susan

There are currently no options for classic chosen or as a waitlist for anthem beginning in April (I checked from then until November). Perhaps we are seeing a reverse of the classic dining option?

• 1 month later...

I called RCL at Crown and Anchor and was able to get Classic for 6pm for the 6 of us and got us off the 8:30 dining time we were assigned. I have been calling off and on for months and always told early dining closed and yesterday was my lucky day. Now they tell me Classic 8:30 is closed!.

Keep calling them as it seems to change off and on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm also in a similar situation. I booked Oasis in 2015 for the Oct 29, 2016 sailing. Royal told my TA early seating was not available and there is no wait list. I've called at least 3 times and still no early seating. I'm assigned MTD and would prefer early.